Happy Day of Action of Thanks! November 22, 2016

Hermana Tucker!
The mormon.org pillow that I made in Wal-mart
 this morning (: haha!
First thing, Stillwater is the greatest! Second, Hermana Tucker is awesome! She's from San Diego, California. She's 19 and has been out 7 months as of 2 days ago! She went to BYU-H to play soccer her freshman year of college and she's super great! This is her 2nd area, her first being the Spanish branch in the North side of OKC! And she's the youngest of 4! And guess what? You wouldn't guess it, but she's 1/4 Mexican!
It's been a great week to say the least! We dropped most of our investigators over the last two weeks and we have been blessed beyond blessed with new people to teach and referrals galore for the English missionaries in Stillwater! We have been out tracking, OYMing like crazy and contacting bunches and bunches of formers, potentials and referrals and guess what? We have seen success! 
Yesterday we had set up a return appointment for 8pm to pass off to the English Elders and then it fell through, so the Elders said that there was a potential family of Hispanics in one of the apartments in the same complex so they showed us too it and went and OYMed a lady down the stairwell. Well, finally on the third knock a Hispanic man answered and we talked to him for a bit and were able to set up a return appointment with him (and hopefully his "wife" and daughter!) for Saturday! We almost went down the stairwell to take the Elders home but they were still talking with this lady who was now crying as she talked with them, so in order to not interrupt them, we knocked the other 3 doors on that floor that we could. The 3rd one we tried ANOTHER Hispanic man, Denmer, answered the door! He's here from Honduras working and living with another Hispanic couple and we were able to talk to him for quite a while and he said that he would really like to come check out church! We set up another return appointment for his only day off, Sunday, and he hopefully will be coming to church earlier that day as well! 
So there was that awesome miracle night and we also had a member present lesson with an investigator that just moved in with her brother-in-law and sister-in-law. She just turned 19 this past week and has 3 kids and guess what? When we invited her sister-in-law, the member, to come to church she said that she doesn't like to go alone with her 1 daughter who loves exploring the chapel and making noise, so the investigator was like "Uh... Well, I can go with you." So that was amazing! They came Sunday and all of the kids were crazy, but they both came and the investigator also brought her husband (who probably is a member too)!
So this has been a great week and lots of fun! I'm doing my best to not get trunky this last transfer and keep working hard! I realized last night however that I'm really slacking on the teaching when I find, finding when I teach, so I'm really focusing on that and working on asking a LOT more questions in lessons (and not talking so much)! I love being able to teach and testify to everyone around me, but I've not been quite so bold this past couple of weeks so I'm going to change and improve in that! Isn't it great that there is ALWAYS something that we can improve in? And we don't have to do it alone! The Savior is ALWAYS there to help us change and become like Him and Heavenly Father! The gospel of Jesus Christ is real and powerful! I love it!
Yesterday we got to meet Elder and Sister Sitati (Elder Sitati is from the 1st Quorum of the 70) as they are touring our mission this week! President Mansell spoke before them and he had all of the missionaries who has a baptism last transfer share how they found them and a miracle from teaching them. And I LOVED it- sharing and hearing miracles brings the Spirit the strongest for me! It was amazing to hear each of the miracle stories of SO many converts! Well, have a happy Thanksgiving (or as the Hispanics call Thanksgiving Day "A day of action of thanks")! Also, for all of my fans who are counting down until I come home, Thanksgiving is my 17th month mark! AH! haha ;) I swear, that was mostly a joke! (: I love you all! Until next week, chao!

Comments

  1. Gclub 69 Real gambling at Poipet
    คาสิโนออนไลน์ It is a website that will make everyone have fun with the game of gambling through the computer network. It has been selected as the best gambling site in Southeast Asia. By the online gambling industry. With over 12 years of service in the service of online gambling.
    We are fully equipped and dedicated to providing complete service. You have to go with the risky game with the support money. We have tips and tricks to overcome the risk of computer networks that have been collected by a gambler. You have to adjust it. And we have a live broadcast from the casino, the real gambling in the city of Poipi. Cambodia Visit our website directly. Gives you access to online gambling games that are superior.
    We are pleased to have the opportunity to win a prize with us. Then apply for the leg. Get it now. 500 Baht Welcome Bonus on opening a new register. We wait for service 24 hours a day at the website. Gclub Slot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016