Love for the Work! November 7, 2016
Hola!
This past week was great we had Halloween and watched part of the Best Two Years with the
other sisters, I went to MLC with the Elders, we biked almost all Wednesday, had exchanges with Hermana St. Clair and saw miracles like crazy! (: Oh, and we had a drunk man follow us so we quickly walked (almost ran) to a members house in fear as he yelled at us and tried "talking" with us about Jesus. <-I tried OYMing him and Hermana McFadden thankfully knew that was a bad idea after I said hello and started walking away so I followed and thanked her. For the record, I had no idea he was drunk. But! We are safe! (:
other sisters, I went to MLC with the Elders, we biked almost all Wednesday, had exchanges with Hermana St. Clair and saw miracles like crazy! (: Oh, and we had a drunk man follow us so we quickly walked (almost ran) to a members house in fear as he yelled at us and tried "talking" with us about Jesus. <-I tried OYMing him and Hermana McFadden thankfully knew that was a bad idea after I said hello and started walking away so I followed and thanked her. For the record, I had no idea he was drunk. But! We are safe! (:
I had exchanges with Hermana St. Clair this past weekend and we had an awesome night with two amazing lessons with a new investigator couple, Mario and Elvida, and a recent convert lesson on the temple which brought up their real concerns with feelings of doubt and not knowing the basics. During exchanges with Hermana St. Clair, we talked a lot about the letter of the law and the spirit of the law and I think I understand it a little bit better, but I'm still super confused. Maybe I'm overthinking it, that's probably part of the case. However, I learned a lot about the importance of the the Spirit of the Law and that I really need to keep working on seeing others points of views!
Last night we had an amazing experience! We had a lesson fall through so one of our goals this past week was to knock three doors if something falls through around the house/apartment we went to. So we go knock one door and we had an awkward conversation with Jeff. Before we left we asked if he knew any other Hispanics who lived in his neighborhood and he pointed to a house that a Puerto Rican family had just moved in. SWEET! We go knock it and have a super awkward interaction with Franco the Puerto Rican because of our butchered Spanish and we leave again. So I suggested that we pray for guidance for the next house we knock on and I asked for two things: that we could find someone and have a good experience with them and that we both be unified in which house to knock. We both pointed out two houses that we felt might be good but neither of us felt extremely drawn to one or the other so we went with the further one and had another awkward encounter. I just felt like we were in that area for more than planting 3 little seeds with the 3 awkward door approaches, so I suggested that we go knock just one more door, the other door we had debated between, so we did. And guess what? It was
AWESOME! Thankfully they had a dog that was trying to get out as they opened the door, so we had a topic of conversation more than the awkward "we like you house and thought we would say hi" approach we may or may not have just used. So we met Matt and his dad, Curtis, and they were super nice! We had a really good conversation about why they were in Stillwater, their job/major at OSU etc. and then learned that they haven't found a church in Stillwater yet but had been feeling like they need to go back. So we shared a Book of Mormon with them and testified of it's truthfulness and read a verse about Christ. They didn't want us to come back to talk more, but they now have a Book of Mormon and our number, know Mormons are pretty cool and not weird, and that we believe in Christ! We walked away from that house feeling success!
I know that God answers prayers and that as we have diligent effort in a positive attitude with faith, we break the barrier of faith which brings unimaginable miracles! We can do hard things through Christ who strengthens us! I know Christ lives and this is his gospel. I know missionary work brings true joy and it doesn't only bring us joy, but it brings those we serve true joy too! I love you all! I hope you week is so blessed! Until then, chao!
Comments
Post a Comment