Week of Changes! October 24, 2016

Richi, Lucero and Lexi with Bishop Holyoak
So today has been great! Over the last um.. 15 hours I've begun seeing how letter of the law/literal I am. I'm just noticing it a lot more and I don't think that it's a bad thing. I'm beginning to notice how I think about different situations and I'm trying to see how I can be more Spirit of the law and what things truly matter. I'm so happy right now! And I'm super pumped to begin learning this spirit of the law thing and applying it in my life! I definitely can say I'm a lot more happier as I act in harmony with combining both the spirit of the law and the letter of the law and I remembered that I totally had no idea that there was such thing as the spirit of the law before coming on my mission. I sure have grown a lot in the past 16 months as I've began to understand this principle better.
One of my friends from the mission emailed me today who I had asked how they had felt so successful as they returned home from the mission, and the biggest thing that stood out to me was a question that they invited me to study "What was the Lord's purpose(s) for my mission?". And you know, the reason why I came out on a mission was because I had a spiritual experience where Heavenly Father helped me to know without any doubt that I needed to serve a mission if I were to become the person, wife, and mother that he wanted me to become and that I wanted to become. And I definitely have changed since coming out here to serve the Lord- I really have been successful! That has been confirmed to me several times as I've looked back on all the many things that I've learned and become, I just need to trust in those confirmations and continue looking for the other many successes that I've had. And be positive- that is a huge help to continue trusting in those confirmations! And continue to allow God to refine me and to mold me into an even better person that I am now! That is the purpose of life- to allow God's will to become our will to become like Him! And I'm on that path!
This past week was CRAZY to say the least- by far the least "actual" missionary work week of my mission. Monday we had Specialized Training Meeting and Preparation day, Tuesday we had to weekly plan because Thursday we were going on exchanges with Sister Smith on OSU campus, and Wednesday was the Oklahoma Oklahoma City Mission's service day- AKA clean your house until it's spotless, because some of these houses and apartments are needing some serious cleaning up and throwing junk out!, Friday we were planning for Richi's baptism, preparing to move and had a Relief Society service project with our group, Saturday was Richi's baptism, Riley's baptism and we moved into the Elder's house (which reeks of Elders) and was a lot better than we expected but still needs some serious work, and then the Boyle's baptism was down in Lawton yesterday, so we pretty much drove ALL day! But it was the GREATEST baptism ever! Man, I love the Boyle family!  So, basically it was crazy BUT Christmas time is definitely here! (we are beginning to listen to Christmas music and wear sweaters!) <- I just wanted to make mention of that great bonus to this ever hectic week! Also, it's my 16th month mark and I'm basically going to have the greatest last two months and some days ever- so head's up for some bomb miracles and emails coming up!

So a HUGE miracle from this past week.... the elders gave us a referral for this Hispanic couple in this little trailer park lane and we definitely couldn't find them, BUT we asked this one man to point out the trailer's that Hispanic people live in so we could try finding them. Well, the 2nd one he gave us to knock on was for Patricia and Leonardo and their 4 children- Julian, Analy, Jesus, and Enrique! We knocked on the door, Patricia and her kids talked with us, we just had a ton of fun talking to them about Jesus and then watched the Hallelujah video and the Spirit was so strong! We wanted to wait until her husband was home so we could teach them all together and they were super excited to have us over again- so we're going back tonight! We left a Restoration pamphlet and Book of Mormon and the oldest, Julian, who's 9 or 10 took it and left the conversation. We asked if we could pray with them a couple of minutes later and we had to peel Julian away from reading the Book of Mormon to join us! Wow, it was the greatest! Haha I'm so stoked to see them tonight!
The church is really Christ's church here on earth- miracles like that couldn't happen if it wasn't, especially through a bunch of 18-25ish year olds! The atonement is real and it really brings me joy! I love you all! Have such a marvelous week! Chao! Also, did I mention that the Boyle's got baptized?!?! <-greatest family ever! (: #SealedWithOwen #T-minus1year #Golden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016