Miracles, Again! August 1, 2016
Hi you all!! (:
I could seriously title all of my emails as miracles! Because the Lord's work is hastening!
We have been seeing a ton of miracles and we have so many people that we are teaching/beginning to teach that I'm sure are prepared and ready to be baptized! (: Then while we were weekly planning, we had this referral from our Branch Mission Leader for two of his great-grandchildren who want to be baptized and haven't been, so we called and then texted his son, Russell, who takes care of them and set up a lesson for that night! Russell actually responded by saying "I've been waiting for you all!".
They then came to the branch activity Saturday and then to church yesterday! We have an appointment with them tonight with a young woman named Sydney! Which is another miracle! At church yesterday, we were talking with Sydney's mother, who was like "How old does someone have to be to come out with you teaching?" We were told a few weeks ago that we could take any sister no matter how old. So that's what we told her, and she was like, "I would love Sydney to go out with you all. She's almost always available." So we asked her if she could come out with us tomorrow evening and she said she would love to! Russell is great, so we'll follow the Spirit in teaching them and preparing them for this
important covenant while helping Russell to become active!
| Hermana St. Clair trying to shut the door with a chain of paper clips... hahaha I love her! |
Another huge miracle is that we had like 3 new families in our branch this week! At the beginning of every June, the Anadarko branch has the potential of losing a lot of their strong active members because they are transferred to a different military base. Well, this year that happened. We lost about 7 of our 12 or so strong active families. But so far, 5 or 6 have come and at least one more is as well! They have signed up to feed us (<-that's just an added bonus! What are dinners with members? Are those really a thing? haha), which will help us get in their homes and hopefully open doors for more missionary work here! They all seem like wonderful families and I'm so excited to meet them and have a few more sisters to ask to come out with us too! (:
| We got a watermelon! Yay! |
This morning while studying, I came across two awesome scriptures about the promised blessings from the Lord for those who keep their covenants:
Doctrine and Covenants 97:8 and 98:14
"8 Verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honest, and are broken, and their spirits contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice—yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command—they are accepted of me."
Our covenants take sacrifice, and whatever kind of sacrifice that is, 1) it's worth it! and 2) God is grateful for them and accepts our sacrifice!
"14 Therefore, be not afraid of your enemies, for I have decreed in my heart, saith the Lord, that I will prove you in all things, whether you will abide in my covenant, even unto death, that you may be found worthy."
God will prove us in ALL things. He'll help us to know without a doubt that His commandments are from Him and that His way is the most joyful way! Man, God's way is the best! It's definitely not the easiest initially, but what good thing isn't initially difficult? It by far worth it!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment