I'm Hopping the Border! August 22,2016

The Lee/Teohanu family! We go and help
 them in their garden each week and then
 they feed us (: It's a ton of fun!
Hi you all!
So... Transfers are here. Again. And.... I'm going to be serving with my best friend/identical twin..... Sister Dopp! In Lawton 1st Ward! Sister Dopp is currently my Sister Training Leader and I absolutely LOVE her, but I'm staying English yet another transfer which has been hard for me. I miss serving the Hispanic people SO much! But there are some cool miracles that I'm pretty sure are going to happen because I'm going to Lawton (by the way, it borders my current branch- hence the email title)! I've gone on exchanges in that area twice, I already know my way around my new area because of exchanges and we go there for P-day usually, I've already met a couple of their investigators and one of them, Mark, is incredibly smart and amazing and should be getting baptized soon- the last lesson I had with him, has been the best lesson of my mission, and I already know Sister Dopp and I teach in unison and I LOVE her! Also, when we took that crazy ride through the river to get to church a few months ago, we actually attended the Lawton 1st Ward!
President Mansell has now changed Sister Training Leader areas to 1 sister training leader per zone instead of a Sister Training Leader companionship per 2 or 3 zones, so Sister Dopp is staying the Sister Training Leader which means I get to go on probably 2 exchanges in Elgin with Hermana St. Clair and another mission friend from the South Side days, Sister Wedemeyer! (By the way, have I mentioned how much I don't care for exchanges? The Lord has a sense of humor though- that's for sure!)
I'm super excited for Hermana St. Clair to serve with Sister Wedemeyer- I served around her previously and she's amazing! This area is going to continue seeing many miracles with these two sisters! In Elgin, we have only a couple investigators right now and we have been using most of our time to find, find, and find! We have seen a ton of planting seed miracles, but we have only found 1 potential, and yet Hermana St. Clair is amazing and she doesn't loose hope or faith ever! 
It's been pretty cool to have some amazing power hours with our members! It's where we share a quick spiritual message with them, ask them to pray for us for an hour, we go out and find and then come back after about an hour and share the miracles we see with our members and invite them to go back for the return appointment if we get one, or to do missionary work with those around them. This past week, we've done 3 of them and each one went great! I learned last night that I'm pretty sure the power hours have actually been for me and not the members though, because last night when we did the 3rd one, I realized how pumped up I get to go out and tract/OYM! It's so encouraging to know that we have members who are exercising their faith and praying for us specifically at that moment, and then to be able to share all the bigger or smaller miracles we see and rejoice together in them! 
One of the miracles we saw Saturday night when we did this was Cody. We were talking to one of her neighbor's and Hermana St. Clair saw her come home, so we knocked on her door next. As we talked to her, we really just complimented her beautiful house and cute doormat, share a joke we had heard earlier that day because of the doormat, and began asking her about family history. She then shared her Baptist beliefs with us and then asked what the difference was in the Mormon church from the Baptist church. So we shared most of the Restoration with her- it was amazing! And she said she would talk to her family (who are her whole world- them and Jesus!) and we got her number to see when we can come back! (: It was the best!
Well, the Lord's work is always moving forward whether we are or not and the signs of the last days are flooding in! God is calling us where He needs us most, but it's our choice to accept the call! Scripture of the week! Matthew 6:10 (It's Christ praying during the Sermon on the Mount to our Father in Heaven) "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." I love you all and I hope that your week may be SO blessed! (:Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016