Celestial‏ August 29, 2016


 There are SO many miracles! Before I share them, Sister Dopp is from Idaho Falls, ID. She's been out for a year coming this Friday and she's wonderful! She is the sweetest person ever!
Wow, can I just say CELESTIAL! I don't know why in the world I was sent to Lawton, but I definitely do NOT deserve it! It is a real phase 3 missionary work ward (the members continually tell us who they are sharing the gospel with and give us their numbers and addresses! AMAZING!) and there are more miracles happening than we have the capacity to handle! Each one of the people I have taught and seen them apply the atonement, none of it was because of me, that's for sure, but I'm grateful to have been a part of it! I came to Lawton and have been sick with a cold (I'm almost better though!) every day and have slept until the latest time possible while taking medication or getting a little something to eat, and yet we have more people than I can count on ALL of my digits that are ready for baptism or coming back to church! Okay, maybe not quite that many but almost. And we aren't doing ANYTHING for them! We just share our little bit of knowledge and try to teach with the Spirit as best as possible and they are soaking it up, sharing it with others and being taught by the Spirit, the scriptures, prayer and through church attendance. They are truly elect and ready to harvest here in Lawton.
The Buckner family!
So I have got to share the story about an incredible golden family, April and Tom and their four kids, we are now teaching. Sister Dymock and Sister Dopp were out trying to talk to a less-active recent convert family and they live in front of them. April had popped outside for a second so they started talking with her. She immediately wanted to come to church but her husband talked her out of it. The Sisters in their fantastic persistence went back to see why they hadn't come to church and Tom said that he wouldn't be accepted at church since he has gauges in his ears and has tattoos all over his arms and hands so he talked April out of coming. But the Sisters assured him that they REALLY did want him at church! So transfers happened and Sister Dopp and I went and visited Friday and we talked about opposition and learned some of their back story. They lost a little boy a year ago to cancer and it's been an incredibly hard year. April kept mentioning something about how she knew there was a bigger picture but how she didn't understand it yet.
We went back on Saturday night and decided we would teach the Plan of Salvation and after we shared the Plan of Salvation with them and April kept saying "I feel like I finally have the pieces coming together and that you guys have all the pieces that I need". The night before Tom mentioned that he hasn't ever felt like church has done anything for him- there's a hallow feeling in each of them. But before we even talked with them that night Tom said "I feel drawn to your church. I want to be baptized there." so we set their baptismal date for September 25!
The Lawton Zone for the Temple trip!

They then came to church yesterday and absolutely LOVED it! They are so in tune with the Spirit and are courageously following Him and learning as much as they can! The ward welcomed them wholeheartedly, they were commenting in classes and changing with everything they hear and feel! We went by after church yesterday to see how they liked church and I was talking to April and she had apologized with them being a little late for church. "We were up pretty late last night. Tom and I were just reading as much as we could from one place to another on the church website." and then she said "When we got home from church Tom said "We need to get rid of the coffee pot and everything with it" but I told him that I wasn't addicted to coffee and he responded by saying "Well, the fact that you are resisting getting rid of them shows otherwise" so we did! We gave them to my mom". They also got rid of a home decor that talked about family and wine! They are amazing! It blows my mind what the Spirit can help people do! They are already sharing what their learning with extended family and implementing everything they can like scripture study, family prayer and FHE as they learn about it! And the children Evan, Daisy, Liam and Piper love it as well! We haven't even taught the Restoration! But they probably have already read about it on LDS.org. I could just keep going on about how amazing this family is, but I'll stop for this week. (:
Man, there is nothing greater to share than that. I love you all! Share the gospel- it's the best thing that ever happened. Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016