Best Week Ever! August 8, 2016

We made cookies to thank and love
 some awesome members!
Hi you all!
Wow, life is so good! Man, oh man! This week has been incredible! We have seen SO many miracles! Through God's workings we had members out with us at least one time every day last week- that doesn't happen in this small spread out branch! It was the best! We've dropped all but 3 investigators (and will probably drop one or two of them this week) and met with Joel, one of our solid progressing investigators, with the Lawton sisters to pass him off to them since he moved there. Yet we are still seeing a ton of miracles here in Elgin! As an ending point with Joel, we had a powerful lesson with the Sisters and their bishop at the church. He had read up to 2 Nephi
Then we got HEART ATTACKED
 by our AMAZING Buckner family!
 Man, I love them!
The bestest surprise!


2, went to church yesterday in Lawton, and is progressing to his baptismal date of September 3rd! It was a huge testimony builder that the Lord is preparing people all around us to allow us to influence them in some way! We're sad we can't keep teaching him but it's a huge blessing for him to be closer to a church (10 minutes away max, rather than 30) and to have Sisters who are bold and loving there in Lawton!
I have to say, I have the BEST mission president! President Mansell's voicemail message says something to the effect of "Hi! You've reached President Mansell of the BEST mission in the world!..." haha I love him! He also changed a rule for us sisters this week which was a huge blessing! If we are
vigorously working out in the mornings for 30 minutes, we get 20 extra minutes to get ready. Studies now start at 8:20. Booyah! *air punch* So blessed! Haha and something new in our mission is that we count OYMs- he wants us talking/having conversations with everyone! so to help us do that, he's created a key indicator for it! We're planting seeds!
The main thing that I've been learning about this week is one- I've got to stop studying about the symbolism in the Bible/law of Moses/potentially deep doctrine and focus on the basics, and two-
about the Christlike attribute of "godliness". I feel that my first comment may sound contradicting to the second. But our divine potential to become gods and goddesses shouldn't be deep doctrine, I think. 
I read the talk called "Our Identity and Our Destiny" by Tad R. Callister and oh boy! it was truly enlightening! I highly, highly recommend and exhort (<-haha thought I would throw that word in there) you all to read it! I'm a bit of a perfectionist as you all probably know, and that is
probably my biggest struggle in life. That keeps me from trying at times, because I don't want to fail. However, this life is NOT about perfect grades (which ruled my life while attending school), rather it's learning how to fail successfully (there's another great talk on that from President Worthen at BYU speeches). I just want to share a few quotes from this talk by Elder Callister because they struck me hard.

"Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, God can EXALT all His children- meaning empower them to become like Him." The vision of becoming like God, is exactly that, a vision! It's not a short-term or long-term goal, it's the VISION of our existence. It's not going to happen today or tomorrow, rather it's a process that will take more than a life-time. And that's okay!

"There are no ordinary people, only potential gods and goddesses". We aren't teaching ordinary people here! Man, we are teaching potential gods and goddesses! No pressure-thank goodness we have the Lord's Spirit to help us in this work! But, wow! HOW priceless are God's children. What divinity each of us possesses! This work is serious business, but I'm thinking I'm beginning to learn how to really love it and enjoy it!

"The difference between man and God is significant- but it is one of degree, not kind." Heavenly Father really is our Father, I wish everyone could understand THIS better! This is beautiful doctrine!

"The saving ordinances are much more than a checklist of actions...-they are the keys that open the doors to heavenly powers that can lift us above our mortal limitations." Saving ordinances PLUS spiritual gifts. "Each gift of the Spirit represents an attribute of godliness", "The perfecting of Saints... is through the medium of the spiritual gifts", "These powers help refine us and perfect us.". That's how it's done- but the Atonement makes it possible! And as we take the paths "that will stretch [us] toward godhood[, we] will catch the vision that it is godhood, not grades" not key indicator numbers, not baptisms, not any other worldly measure of success like monies we posses "for which [we] are striving." I think I get godliness a little bit better now. It this process of becoming, putting off the natural man, getting up when we fall, STRIVING for exact obedience, and then when we mess up, permitting ourselves to accept the Atonement and GRACE of Jesus Christ to make the difference in our lives.

God is SO good! My hope and faith that has been strengthened through this knowledge has been powerful! I want to be better and not allow myself to fall so hard and get so down on myself again! I know I probably will, and that scares me- but I can do hard things through Christ who strengthens me, right? God's plan is absolutely PERFECT! So I don't have to be, yet. (:
Well, I love you all! I hope you week is amazing! Don't forget your divine potential- you are no ordinary person! (:
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

  1. Well Sister Hunt, My name is Caleb Gunnells or Brother Gunnells. But Sister St. Clair is an Awesome and Spiritually Blessed young woman. My parents and I had enjoyed her's and Sister Allred's presence in our home as often as we could have them over. I can clearly see the Holy Spirit and our Heavenly Father's presence in their smile's. It's addicting so much that I wanted to also remember what it was like to recieve Heavenly Father's love as well, so much the the two Sister's guided me with the Holy Spirit back onto the path. And for that I am and will be forever gratefull. Not just to my Sister Missionary's but to all our Church's Missionary's, you are doing awesome Heavenly work, And I want you to know that Tuesday will be Sister St Clair's last day in New Haven Ward, as she is transferring to one of the Stillwater Wards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016