"If I hadn't of, the world would have blown up!"‏ August 15, 2016

Exchanges
 Hi you all!
I had the best exchange ever this week with Sister Dopp, and can I just say I absolutely love her! It was an amazing two days with the temple on Tuesday and then exchanges with her on Wednesday! One of the things that I learned from her was this phrase "If I hadn't of, the world would have blown up." She tells herself that when she realizes she's made a mistake, learns from it and moves on. It's not really true, but it's been helping me a bit to remember that God knows what he's doing and even the wrongs we make in life have a
purpose in the big picture! This and a talk that Elder Hilton shared with us a few weeks ago from a BYU devotional have been on my mind a lot and have been helping me. The talk is called "What Happens When Life Gets One Degree Colder?" and there is a phrase near the end that I keep telling myself "in the very moment when it was 
needed, her heart changed". In God's timing we learn and are able to become who He needs us to become, so I'm working to keep this in mind. Yes, if I would have started my mission when I had more experience I probably would
have been more prepared, and yes if I had been more humble in my first transfer things for sure would have gone more smoothly, but that wasn't God's plan for me. He helped me change my heart ONLY when it was needed for me to continue to progress in His plan. So the big thing I've learned this week, is that I can work on not being so hard on myself!
As for our area, "it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men" (D&C 3:3). I wish that we could find more of the people that are ready to hear the gospel! I feel like we are working hard to find more of God's children to teach, but we are kind of in a drought. We have been focusing on finding less-actives and we have had a ton of success with that and with that we've been knocking around their homes to find others to teach, but so far we haven't found many new solid investigators who are really "ripe and ready to harvest". But as I reevaluated our area last week, I have felt like it's kind of an area that right now is needing seeds planted, which we are doing. We need to strengthen our members and find those who are lost, because if they aren't strengthened especially in Apache and Fletcher, when we find these new investigators there isn't going to be much fellowship and those who are ready won't have support. But we are still seeing success in many different ways!
One cool experience we had was that last Tuesday evening we were out trying to find a less-active member that lived in an area we had been in before. Their house was completely abandoned and so we tried knocking around to see if we can find someone who knows where they went. Well, we didn't find them or anyone actually, but we decided to knock one more house before leaving the area, and so we did. We knocked on the next door, and this lady opens the door. And guess what? We knew this lady! Tami! We had given her a Book of Mormon in the library like two weeks ago and her number had been disconnected. So we got her new number and taught her a bit about the Plan of Salvation. We planted a seed! We don't know if we will see her again, but it was a miracle!
Keep on a learning and growing and seeing God's miracles in your lives! Christ lives! The gospel of Christ is true! The Lord's work is hastening! I love you all lots! Until next week, chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016