What a Week!‏ June 27, 2016

Wow, this for sure was the fastest week of my life! Each day was jammed packed with appointments, service, planning for a baptism and other things, etc! It was one of the hardest weeks of my mission for various reasons (one being my best friend got married and I couldn't be there, but it's okay!- Congratulations, Paige!), yet it was the best week of my mission! We had Specialized Training meeting on Monday in Lawton, Tuesday we literally went from appointment to appointment/service all day!, Wednesday was packed with appointments, mormon.org time, family history hour (our mission, and maybe all missions, has been given an hour of family history work each week to find our own names to take to the temple!) in which I found like 10 names to do work for- but like only 3 female names, language study with a non- member native hispanic (I haven't spoken with a native Spanish speaker in weeks!) and other appointments/meetings, Thursday was weekly planning and Veteran's meeting for trainers and their trainees in OKC! Holla, holla! and the Elder's baptismal service that I was thrown under the bus to play piano for (I learned a song 20 minutes beforehand- it could have sounded worse... haha), Friday was Hermana St. Clair's 20th birthday and my year mark, Saturday was Phillis' baptism!!! I'll talk about that later, and then Sunday Phillis' was confirmed and we made Mexican Lasagna during lunch for our dinner! So much greatness this past week! And SO many miracles! And this next week, we will be saying goodbye to President Walkenhorst and Sister Walkenhorst getting our new mission president, President Mansell and his wife Sister Mansell! So that is exciting!
President and Sister Walkenhorst's first of the last
 Zone Conferences, I almost cried during their
 testimonies! I am going to absolutely miss them!
 (PS Look at my feet- you can see my other shoes tan line).
In my studies, I've been learning a lot about scriptures and their importance and the need for more scriptures (or the Book of Mormon), and two things specifically I read about is the word "Canon" and "Lost Books" in the Bible dictionary and it's hard for my mind to wrap around the idea that those who only believe the Bible can be the word of God, when there was SO much change to the Bible we have now and the scriptures we have lost. It makes me wonder what was in those scriptures and if they would have helped teach doctrines such as baptisms for the dead, temple work, priesthood authoriy etc.But if you haven't read those definitions, I highly recommend it! They are truly enlightening!
Quote of the week- "Oh, I'll be alrigh', I got my faith!" -Sister Phillis Cunningham! So we call Phillis Saturday morning and get a long okie talk (in other words someone talking continuously for 10 minutes minimum on a perfect day, sometimes upwards of 30-45 minutes) from Sister Cunninham about how she isn't feeling good (mornings are pretty hard for her), but how today (Saturday) her blood pressure is incredibly low, but she's still getting baptized today! ..."I'll just go to the emergency room after I get baptized." ....uh.... okay! Haha so all day we kept checking in on Sister Cunningham to see how she was doing and it improved a little, but not much yet she kept making the same remarks that she wasn't doing too good but "Oh, I'll be alrigh', I got my faith!". She was baptized though and she was perfectly fine that evening! She went to the hospital and the doctors couldn't explain what had happened to get her blood pressure up, but we know that nothing can impede the work of the Lord when faith in Jesus Christ and the priesthood power is behind it. When we were taking pictures, Sister Cunningham, who is afraid of the water, said "Oh, I jus feel SO good! I want to do this every week, even if I have to go swimming!" to which Elder Hilton said "No worries, you can, by taking the sacrament each week!" and I added "And you don't have to go swimming!" haha I love Sister Cunningham SO much! She is inspiring!
And for the scripture of the week, it's a new favorite that President Walkenhorst showed us in Veteran's Meeting, is Doctrine and Covenants 117:13. This is from revelation that Joseph Smith received for Oliver Granger who was doing some work for the First Presidency. It says "and when he falls he shall rise again, for his sacrifice shall be more sacred unto me than his increase, saith the Lord." Although, we may not be able to provide all that we hope to in the Lord's work, our sacrifice is more important, more sacred, than our increase.
I love you all and love hearing about the missionary work that you are doing wherever you are around the world! Hasta luego mis amigos! Les amo!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:


​All of the missionaries except Hermana Christensen (my second trainer/Hermana Brown's first trainer) that have taught Sister Cunningham plus Hermana Adair on the end who is Hermana Brown's current companion. Elder Russell, Elder Hilton, Hermana St. Clair, myself, Hermana Brown and Hermana Adair, with the one and only Phillis Cunningham in front!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016