First Week With President Mansell July 11, 2016
This week has been a lot of cancelled lessons with new investigators- it looks like we're about almost start completely fresh with a new slate of investigators. We are struggling to get in with teaching the new investigators we have found and set solid return appointments. We aren't able to get many members out with us either, so becoming a trio for these next couple weeks while most of our active members of our branch are out of town is a heaven-sent miracle! We are teaching a few Hispanics too, so having a strong Spanish speaking companion is also a huge blessing to Hermana St. Clair and myself! We are super stoked to become a trio for the short time we are able to and to learn as much as we can from Hermana Ryan!
Oh, yeah, so this week is transfers!! And Hermana St. Clair and myself will be getting Hermana Ryan for the last two weeks of her mission! I kicked Hermana Ryan out of Weatherford when I came to the mission, so we've both had Hermana Pine and Hermana Hilton as companions in the past, and so I'm SUPER stoked to be her companion with Hermana St. Clair even if it's just going to be for 2 short measly weeks. haha so I get to go back to Jr. Companion for two weeks! Holla (: Hermana Ryan's parents are from Spain and so she's got an awesome Spaniard accent and is a rock solid convert of 5 or so years (I'm not sure on that detail) but she's from Washington state, I believe, and she's amazing! She was a Sister Training Leader out in Stillwater, but President Mansell is changing up this mission a ton especially with transfers so that's exciting! (I didn't think I would go to this transfer, but since I am, I will have been to transfers all but one transfer of my mission so far... that's insane!) I absolutely LOVE President Mansell and wife/family already they are AMAZING! I'll get to talking about them a bit more later.
Right now we are really pushing to use the Book of Mormon to teach our investigators more, and more effectively. That's something that I had really worked on in my last area but stopped focusing on and have become too lax in. It's what we're focusing on in 12 weeks right now and it sure is a blessing to have that reminder!
So on Tuesday we got to go to Lawton to meet the President with another zone. He wanted to meet us all individually so we lined up and one by one went into the gym and talked with just him and Sister Mansell and then after we talked to his 3 boys (minus the one who went into the MTC the day before them). So President Mansell and Sister Mansell met at BYU, they are from good old Salt Lake City (Sandy, actually), he just was released 3 weeks ago as a YSA bishop and they have a son who came home from his mission in Taiwan Taipei mission a year ago, one son who just left and two non-identical twin boys who are about to start their senior year and then head on their own missions! They are such a great family and I absolutely am thrilled to learn as much as I can from President Mansell and Sister Mansell!
| Plan of Salvation chalking at the park on the 4th of July! |
And for a crazy miracle! Last Monday, President Mansell wanted us to teach the Fourth of July like a normal proselyting Monday evening, so since no one wanted to meet with us, and to try to stay as productive as possible, we thought that going to the park, passing out popsicles and chalking up the sidewalk with the Plan of Salvation, check out mormon.org sign, and bible verses for each of the parts of the Plan of mormon.org and may want a Book of Mormon or Bible that we will be happy to deliver! (:
Salvation would be fantastic... and like no one was there... But our Plan of Salvation chalking was bomb! and... we learned yesterday of a miracle! So there's this Pokemon game going around- I'm sure many of you may have even heard about it, that uses different hot spots in towns as meeting places to win "gems" for your team. And one of the hot spots in the park we chalked at! Specifically under the pavilion that we chalked at! We stopped by at our branch president's home yesterday for a bit and he and his wife had just got home from the park and some lady who was jogging there had mentioned about 40 people already had passed through the park in the hour or so that she was there! So we know that it's 1) still there and that 2) a ton of people will be seeing our chalking and can check out
Salvation would be fantastic... and like no one was there... But our Plan of Salvation chalking was bomb! and... we learned yesterday of a miracle! So there's this Pokemon game going around- I'm sure many of you may have even heard about it, that uses different hot spots in towns as meeting places to win "gems" for your team. And one of the hot spots in the park we chalked at! Specifically under the pavilion that we chalked at! We stopped by at our branch president's home yesterday for a bit and he and his wife had just got home from the park and some lady who was jogging there had mentioned about 40 people already had passed through the park in the hour or so that she was there! So we know that it's 1) still there and that 2) a ton of people will be seeing our chalking and can check out
This has been a lot, but Elgin is the greatest and life in the field is wonderful! And people are being prepared everywhere to hasten the coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ! Will you pray for missionary opportunities with specific friends that you want to see more joyfully living life? (:
I love you all and I promise you will see miracles in your lives and the lives of loved ones as you act in your faith to share the gospel!
| I'm stoked about Family history work! |
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment