Too Many Possible Titles! March 21, 2016
So, everything is happening this week and I couldn't possibly name all of them in the email title!
Happy Spring!
General Conference Women's Broadcast this Saturday!!!!!
Why Do People Keep Bringing Up 9 Month Mark?! Not cool. haha
Zone Conferences This Week!
Sabbath Day is Revelation Day! (I don't know if that one is sacrilegious or anything...)
I Almost Got Hugged By A Man! :0 Ay ya ay!
| Mad dash biking to get home before 9:30 (we got home at 9:18) (a 45 minute bike ride in the dark- bad idea... haha) |
Haha well, the Mustang 1st ward has the best Ward Council and Ward Missionary Correlation that I have ever been privileged to attend. I'm learning a lot from the leadership here and through everyone that I am serving around/with! President Bellows (the stake president) taught us a lot yesterday during Ward Council and Sacrament and I was amazed at how much revelation can be received at church! I'm so sad I've gone 20 years without figuring this out sooner! I've been going to church the last 2 weeks expecting to receive personal revelation and enlightenment and oh boy! have I! Back to President Bellows, he threw down at Ward Council on how the ward must take from us missionaries those we are inviting to church as soon as they step in the building and sit by them at sacrament and throughout church. We as missionaries have the responsibility to teach and work with them outside of the church building and the members have the responsibility as soon as they step in the church doors. Well, we still need to introduce them to the members and work together but it was the best! I hope that helped all of us to understand a little bit better what are roles are in missionary work- I know it did for me!
We will be better at immediately introducing less-actives and investigators to the members and if needed, asking the members to invite them to sit together, if they weren't already suggesting that they would (giving the members a bit of preparation to know how they can help welcome these wonderful people!). The Mustang 1 Ward does have a lot of potential for reactivation and baptizing more converts, we as missionaries have the support, we just really need to work on finding, finding, and more finding!
| Birthday Cake finally! I made it this morning! (: |
We have a really solid investigator (from a media referral) right now who we keep in contact with every day whose twin sister is a recent convert in Oregon that we are working with! Elaine is amazing and LOVES the Book of Mormon and learning about the gospel. She was in the hospital yesterday and so she wasn't able to come to church but she made the comment that she's felt bad that she wasn't able to come to church like she promised but she would be there next week and that she's never going to smoke again! (She doesn't even know about the Word of Wisdom but she was having some problems due to smoking). We have only taught her about the Restoration but we brought some members over to give her a priesthood blessing after a lesson on the priesthood yesterday and she was super excited that we were there and to meet the other members! We are going to start teaching her daughter's family too hopefully this week and invite them (or have some members invite them) to the General Women's meeting this Saturday!
As for Sister Nelson and I, we are doing really well together! I feel like we are really beginning to teach together in sync and that we are getting along rather well. We had several lessons this week, including yesterday teaching the Young Women's classes for Ward Conference, that I felt like we were completely on the same page and were bouncing off of each other really well!
And yes, my 9 month mark is unfortunately this week.
Also, yesterday in Ward Council President Bellows also brought up a really great answer for non-members who often ask why are members only allowed to enter the temples? He said, well, we actually want everyone to enter the temple! But before doing so they must make the commitment to God to follow His Son and demonstrate through keeping the word of wisdom, law of chastity, paying tithing, partaking of the sacrament weekly, and being ready to be and then being baptized to covenant with Heavenly Father to follow Christ and Always be WILLING to be more like our Heavenly Father. Those weren't his exact words, but I thought that was the best answer ever!
I love you all! Also, will you all share the other Easter (Follow Him—An Easter Message about Jesus Christ) and Hallelujah video too? They are amazing!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment