General Women's Conference!!! Best Time of the Year!‏ March 28, 2016

Wow! We are seeing our area begin to pick up! We have been having members come out with us so much this past week and we have been seeing success through it! The Mustang 1st Ward is very willing to help in missionary work, they are definitely a phase 2 missionary work ward (Members help missionaries with missionary work) and we hope to help them push to phase 3 (Missionaries are helping the members with their missionary work). We are getting our area organized so that we have plans to have Oklahoma Initiative (visiting ALL members in our area every 6 months) up and running more than it has been and in a way that the next set of missionaries will be able to utilize it to its fullest! We are excited to see the fruits from having that working!
Sister Nelson and I have been working on improving our lesson preparations to include specific verses that will help our investigators and less-actives learn more through the scriptures. We have been able to use the scriptures more to teach and I know it brings the Spirit while teaching and helps emphasize the fact that revelation comes through the scriptures (especially the Book of Mormon). #IReallyDoLoveTheScriptures! #IPromise
Elaine (one of our investigators) is progressing incredibly and seeing the help and blessings from reading the Book of Mormon and praying in her life, however, she is planning on moving out of her daughter's home because it isn't a good situation for her. So we will have to refer her to other missionaries most likely. But she is so excited to be baptized in April and we will find other prepared people in our area to help prepare for baptism!
Also, General Women's conference!!! Oh my... I just love General Conference!! Isn't it the best?! I'm super super pumped for this weekend! 8 hours of listening to God's guidance through modern day prophets and apostles! It's the best!! #SoMuchPersonalRevelationComingOurWay Okay, speaking of personal revelation, as missionaries, we are always teaching about how we can receive revelation through Church attendance, scripture reading, and praying. Well, maybe I'm a slow learner but I think I have just gone through the motions most of life with going to church and I'm just starting to realize HOW much revelation we can receive at church (and other church meetings). The thing that changed was my preparation and expectations (or maybe faith too). But I've been going to church these past couple of weeks expecting that God really would answer my questions and teach me what He knows I'm needing to know right now. Kind of like I would go to General Conference the past several years. And my results were the same as my General Conference attendance. I came home feeling truly spiritually edified and had received SO much personal revelation. So if you have made the mistake that I have been making all of my life and just going to church to go through the motions yet you are wanting to be spiritually edified, may I suggest that you take just 10 minutes Saturday evening to evaluate your week and to come up with a question/concern or two that you want God to help you with (or even Sunday morning). If you believe and expect that God will answer your questions/concerns and be humble enough to act on whatever answer you receive, I know and can promise you that you will come home with answers to your questions/concerns. Just like Joseph Smith went into Sacred Grove with his question about which church was God's church, we can receive revelation to our questions! God is good! And because he loves us, he will not leave us guideless! Enos 1:15-19 (page 137)
I love you all and hope you all are doing wonderful! I'm excited to watch General Conference with you all this weekend! (: Hasta luego! Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016