Repentance is the BEST!‏ April 11, 2016


Our Bishop has been really focused on the missionary efforts in our ward and has talked to our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Skidmore, about his vision for missionary efforts in our ward. One of the things that he has asked Brother Skidmore to do is set up lessons with each of the active members of our ward and visit them with us missionaries to go over their family mission plan and we as missionaries are coupling this with talking about phase three missionary work (missionaries helping members with their missionary work- most effective missionary work) and trying to help inspire the members to be excited about doing their missionary work! So we are doing this right now, and Sister Nelson and I are planning to visit ALL (or do our best to) of the part-member families in our area this week and we are seeing some really good visits together with less-actives/part-members and hopefully we can start seeing more changes in their desires to follow Christ and stop being shut-down by the members when we invite their non-member friends or family to meet with us or to be baptized or any other kind of commitment. We have had members shut our commitments down after spiritually powerful moments- it's one of the most frustrating things to me, and I just have to keep reminding myself "that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men" (D&C 3:3) and that we did our best and to keep inviting! 
Impromptu service with the Elders at Brother
Privette's home raking leaves and sticks for days!
This past Friday before, during and after district meeting, I've realized that I have got a problem with disobedience in various aspects of my missionary work. At the beginning of my mission if I wasn't perfect, I pretty much would have meltdowns and be racked with guilt because of my imperfections, but since my last area, I've slowly been not caring or focusing on improving in various areas because I knew I wasn't going to be perfect there, which isn't good either. And so I've committed myself to change (we had a less-active who kind of committed me to going to bed on time too which hit me with the realization that I have really got to step it up)! I am doing my best to do so and I am getting there much earlier than I was last week or since Weatherford really! And this past weekend has been the best weekend I have had here in Mustang and we have been seeing so many miracles and I know that I am a lot more happy because at least I'm trying and I am improving! I hadn't even realized how much happier and full of miracles this weekend had been and how it had started after I committed to do better in obedience until Elder Chamberlain shared his spiritual thought with us last night from Alma 36:21 "21 Yea, and again I say unto you, ...that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." Repentance really does bring joy! And it's always wonderful to achieve your goals to help you improve!
Hair cut! It was only a trim (:
Also, my testimony of fasting really has been strengthened this past week! One of the days this past week, I decided that I needed to fast the following day, so I did. That morning we received a call from the Elders that they had a member asking them to come help a non-member friend of theirs move, and they invited us to go with them to help- so we did! Well, we met this wonderful family and helped them move and at the end they were letting us play with their adorable 4 or so week old puppies and it gave us the opportunity to share a message! Well, back up a little, there was also some of their other non-member friends who were also helping them move and I realized that they were leaving. I noticed this and I knew they lived in the Elders area so I strongly encouraged one of the Elders to go talk to him and get his information so they could teach them. After about a 10 second pep-talk and him going back and forth, him and the Elder he was on exchanges with went and talked to him, were able to get him a Book of Mormon and get his information to visit him at a later time before he left. While that was going on, Sister Nelson and I were able to be with the family of a mom and her two daughters and Sister Ridley (who was this non-member's friend who invited us to come help) and start a lesson that the Elders came back in time for. We sat on their floor and shared a short scriptural message after explaining our purpose and such as missionaries with the Elders and Sister Ridley. We left them with a Book of Mormon and they are excited to learn more! I haven't felt so confident to easily share the gospel in quite awhile and I know it was through the confidence and the Spirit that I had gained through fasting. 
I know that as we try and grow closer to our Heavenly Father, whether it be through fasting, studying the scriptures, repenting, or any other means to follow Christ's example more fully, we are going to have the strength we need to accomplish God's work. Christ lives and I know that through him we can do all things! God's work is hastening! I love you all so much! Don't forget to look for ways that you can share your testimony or invite someone to come closer to our Savior! Baptism by one who holds the restored priesthood power unlocks the atonement for any of God's children who are willing to covenant with Him! (: Again, I love you all! Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016