Transfers Again! And one of us is leaving... 8-O‏

Friends!
So transfer doctrine was last night and Hermana Gubler and I were totally thinking our area would be staying the same and then Elder Schwartz dropped the bomb on us. Someone was leaving... I definitely decided that we would boot Hermana Gubler off the island. haha but it's actually our car that is leaving.
Round 2 with Hna. Gubler
We are going to a car-share area! Holla holla! Haha I'm actually pretty excited to start biking more (I kind of need it)! But it's going to be harder to visit all 4 of our investigators! This past week we dropped almost all of our investigators. None of them were keeping commitments or progressing so we went on a dropping spree and it feels so good! We are going to be able to really teach those who are prepared to hear the gospel! Our few investigators are Marcela and Gabriela (they are the aunt's of one of the Elder's investigating families- Carlos and Adriana who just need to get married before they can be baptized which should happen pretty soon!), Alfredo (who came to church, shared about the Book of Mormon with a friend and brought him to church, and then brought another friend to the devotional yesterday!), and then we took the North Hermana's investigators Erika and Julio who just moved down to the South and Erika is already reading in Jacob, and been to church 5 times and yet she only started investigating a month and a half ago! Milagros!
Also, Hermana Gubler and I are getting along practically like peanut butter and jelly! I love serving with her so much! So I'm super grateful for a second transfer with her! But I'm going to kill her after this transfer. Haha and because she is getting ready to go home, she had to apply to colleges and such these past few weeks. So Tuesday at midnight was the BYU application deadline and she seriously was working on finished the application ALL day BUT she finished it around 10:30 pm at the Cardenas's house (long story.... dumb public computer places shutting down because of power outages... Who even does that? ;) )! But that meant that I had an awesome day of studying! It was awesome! I got an extra language study, a super sweet study of D&C 76, and then reading Jesus the Christ! Like it was great! I felt bad for Hermana Gubler though... she was pretty stressed. But all is well in Zion! (:
I've been focusing more on studying out of Preach My Gospel this past week especially and I'm beginning to feel like I understand and have a hang on missionary work (which means I'm learning that I have so much to work on and am continuing to climb a mountain to help others receive the restored gospel! And it's SO wonderful and difficult all at the same time!). One of the things I've learned that sometimes it's really difficult for me to want to follow the commandments even when I know it will be easier and much more joyful for me- but it's difficult because at times it means I have to not do what I want to and try to change the desire so I just want to follow the commandment. Overcoming the natural man! It's a difficult thing to do but them I'm reminded of one of my favorite quotes that I had hanging up in my home. It was a picture of Jesus and the quote "I never said it would be easy; I only said it would be worth it". And how true that rings! Overcoming my challenges isn't ever going to be easy, but I will find TRUE joy there, and it will make me only that much better to being able to better serve those I'm called to serve.
Another concept I've been beginning to learn is patience. Patience with myself, others, and in God's timing. Especially God's timing. Things just take time, at times. Yet, I can still find joy in waiting! Not waiting until the next appointment, not waiting until church or preparation day or Food Bank or language study, starting where I'm at and having joy in it! It's a lot more enjoyable that way! Of course there are going to be difficult times and times where there is disagreements, disappointments, sadness, but if we search for the reason for the obstacle, we will see God's hand in it and develop a stronger testimony of God's love for us and the strength we can receive through the atonement! The gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect and I'm continually seeing confirmations to that every day! It's so beautiful!
So I probably already shared this with you all last week, but just in case I didn't... CHECK OUT "A Savior is Born"! And share it on all of your social media websites! Because it's that great! Okay, Jesus is the reason for the season and the video just brings joy watching it! So why not give a free gift of joy to all of your friends! (: Also, I would like to invite you to share it in person to at least one person to because it will bring even greater joy to you and your friend! It's such an incredible tool to be able to use to share your beliefs and testimony of Jesus Christ and that is one of the best things about being a missionary. Just walking up to strangers and getting a conversation going to be able to share my testimony with them. It invites the Spirit which brings joy. And I leave talking with them feeling so amazing! I love you all! Feliz Navidad! Hasta proxima semana! Chao! (:
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016