Feliz Navidad!!! Ha Nacido Un Salvador!!!‏

Friends! Good news- A Savior is Born! Isn't this the most wonderful holiday to celebrate?!
What a fun past week this has been with getting more excited with the Christmas Spirit and helping and seeing others grow in this Christmas Spirit! But with this has come more challenges and stresses too, but it's a gift to help us realize that we really need Christ's strength and come to know in a real sense how grand the gift of a Savior was to us.
This morning in my personal study I was reading in the end Omni (verse 26) about how God asks of us our whole soul. It reminded me of a lesson from seminary of the meaning of soul- body and spirit (D&C 88:15). That's a lot that He asks from us, but then He did give us everything, it makes sense that he would ask for our everything back because He gave it to us! God is perfect and He perfectly wants us to have true joy, be able to return to live with Him and know exactly what we need to do to do that. He asks that we offer up our WHOLE soul. It's not just our actions that need to be in line with the gospel teachings, it's our desires and our nature. That's a really difficult thing to do but if we remember, God is perfect and so he knows perfectly that 1) we can do it and 2) we need help in doing so. Already God has given us His Son- Jesus Christ- who went about suffering pains, afflictions, and temptations of EVERY kind, to offer an eternal and infinite sacrifice, therefore we will have someone to go to and through who knows how to succor us according to our diverse needs so we CAN offer up our whole souls to God, so we CAN return to live with God, so we CAN become truly joyful for time and all eternity. HOW perfect is God's plan, HOW merciful is our God- our Father in Heaven, HOW selfless is our Savior, Redeemer, Brother, Counselor, Friend. It's so perfect that I can't even comprehend it.
We had such an awesome week this past week! We actually finally got on bikes this past week and biked for 20-25 minutes to a lesson with a less-active that cancelled. But it was a fantastic bike ride in the city on busy streets! Haha really though, I quite enjoyed it (: Hermana Gubler on the other hand... quite possibly didn't. Haha she's such a good sport about it though! We had an awesome lesson with another less-active family, the Escobars! They came to church for a third time in a row too- like this is a HUGE miracle! We have been working with them because the ward council asked us too and after several times going over there, we realized that the son's friend, Allan isn't a member and he lives there with them! His friend is in Mexico with his parents for Christmas but when he comes back we are going to try and start teaching the actual lessons since he sits in with us anyways and comes to church anyways.. haha (should of had a V8). They also came to the two ward fiestas we had this weekend which was SUPER awesome! There were SO many less-active members who came to those fiestas (one was the branch Christmas fiesta and the other was for the Ramirez's sealing- which was in Spanish and super amazing too!) and Carlos and Adriana, and Erika and Julio (4 of our investigators) who came to the fiestas AND church Sunday! This week was just super awesome!
Christmas Conference was the best thing ever too! It was a lot a great things that I need to work on with a wonderful Musical Program to end! Elder Schwartz put together a musical number for Silent Night that he asked Hna. Gubler, a few other missionaries and I to sing in and it sounded incredible because of the piano and organ arrangements he put together and the other missionaries voices were beautiful! I ended up deciding last Monday to play "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" by Jon Schmidt for it too and all I pray for when I play for anything church related is to not distract from the Spirit. Haha it didn't go super great but at least my prayers were answered! (:
Also, I ate a super hot chile at the Christmas fiesta and I would do it again- I just would prefer a better tasting one if I'm going to endure the heat. But after eating it, I tried to drink this hot punch that was just nasty and it definitely didn't help. Erika and Julio and Hno. Pimentel kept making sure I was okay or making jokes about how I just wanted to try and help my Spanish. It was pretty great though!
Well, I'll see mi familia Friday and can wish them it in person, but for the rest of you all- Merry Christmas! Enjoy spending the time with your family and pondering of the reason for the season because He is the gift! The Savior lives. And I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be sharing this testimony, representing Jesucristo, in this part of His vineyard. Hasta luego! Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016