Christmas Time is Here!!!! Wahoo!‏

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! But now it's Christmas time!! Holla holla! The Christmas video #ASaviorIsBorn is now here! Check it out! It's amazing! (:
The youth had already left for dinner, but this
 is when we went to the temple for baptisms for the
 dead and we got to do initiatories!
One of our investigators, Alfredo, we found a couple of weeks ago tracting and we shared a Book of Mormon with him and he talked to his friend, Humberto, about it and they both came to church yesterday! It was super exciting and several of the members just came up and introduced themselves! It was just fantastic!
I've been studying a lot from Jesus the Christ and trying to find ways that it applies to my life. I must say, I've been rebuked several times, but it's great! It helps me to know what I need to improve on! The hard part is just knowing what I need to do to improve. With patience and prayer though, answers come.
So I totally had a Spanish dream last week. I woke up and was super excited! haha okay... I only said "Soy Hermana Hunt!" and then a part-member couple from our ward was in it and Hna. Salgado was speaking in Spanish with some other Hispanic lady and her "boyfriend/fiance" Cecilio was there and I was freaking out because Cecilio couldn't understand Spanish and I felt bad that they were talking in Spanish in front of him and he couldn't understand. Haha Cecilio definitely speaks Spanish though. The Elders are working with him and he's going to be baptized soon! They just need to actually get married... The Elders are matchmakers- they have a least two, if not three, couples that have to get married and are planning to get married before they are baptized. 
We have Spanish study with Hna. Quiroz every Tuesday morning and we read the Book of Mormon with her and then she corrects our pronunciation. It's great! This past week though, the Jehovah Witnesses
We don't really get snow here but we got a rainstorm
 that froze ALL of the trees and powerlines- it was crazy!
There were several powerlines down and many broken trees.
 But the streets didn't have ice on them which was really good!
came by to study the Bible with her. I offered them a Book of Mormon but they wouldn't accept it. #Rude. Haha I guess when she lived in Mexico, she didn't have members close enough to study with so she studied with the Jehovah Witnesses.
This past week we got to go with the youth to do Baptisms for the Dead! They needed some people to help with intiatories, so we got to help back there instead, but it was so wonderful! Also, this past week, Hna. Gubler has been having to work on college applications and so I have had time to write in my journal/language study, etc. and it's driving me insane! Like I understand that she needs to do it, but I am so bored with sitting and waiting. Peoples going to college after the mission- apply beforehand and defer! Don't make your companions suffer! Haha seriously though.
Oh! So I'm trying to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish (reading outloud) by my birthday in March and I just started Mosiah today! I came up with this goal this transfer and I only have to read like 6 pages, 6 days a week (Language study at Hna. Quiroz doesn't count) and I'm so on tract to finish it by then! Also, with reading in Spanish I'm doing so great! It's just actually talking in Spanish and having to think of how to say things in Spanish that's still a struggle- but I'm learning! I still can't believe it when I say something in Spanish or when I understand something in Spanish though! The gift of tongues is real (even if I sound like a 3 year old speaking Spanish!). haha (:
Only in Oklahoma.... Sad day. There is strange people here..
Well, I hope you all are doing fantastically and that your Christmas season is so blessed! (: Hasta proxima semana (until next week)! Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016