Life Experiences to the Max!‏

Hola, Hola friends!
This week has been a journey to say the least- a wonderful, delightful journey at least! I've been sick this past week and so I decided to be smart and sleep when I could so I wouldn't be sick for two weeks again! I'm feeling better enough to not have it effect my missionary work now and so that's great! But we've also come to realize some parts of our area that we shouldn't go to at all (at least at night or without a member). We got pulled over next to the freeway by May and 27th street after going to find a less-active member near there. We were trying to find which house was there and a cop had been watching us but since we had our bike rack on our car he couldn't see the license plate to look up our car (I guess we had seemed kind of suspicious). Then when we went up to the house when Hermana Gubler stopped because she didn't see any lights on so she thought we should go, I told her I could see lights. Then while I was proceeding forward, Hermana Gubler asked if I thought this was sketchy and immediately I felt very uncomfortable and knew we needed to get out of there. So we left without knocking and got in our car and drove away, around the corner when the cop pulled us over! We were super scared and just wanted to get out of the area, so we called Elder Thomas and Elder Curay de la Rosa (our zone leaders, since our Spanish Elders/district leader didn't answer...) while being pulled over because it still felt super sketchy. Everything worked out and the officer finally just let us go without a ticket (for the bike rack obscuring the view of the license plate...). And can't emphasize enough- we were INCREDIBLY grateful to leave! Then the next day we were at the church just eating our dinner that a member had dropped off for us and when we started to get ready to leave all of the lights went off and then they started flashing and something started beeping! We hurried to get out of there and the next day Elder Brisk and Elder Nevez (the English Elders in our area) texted us asking if knew that one of the door's windows was shattered! We definitely had our share of frights this past week and are very grateful that was all it was- frights.
This Christmas tree from my home ward with all of the
 hand prints made me SO happy!!! 
But our area is still doing well! It's been quite the transition to share the car with the Elders, but we have been really working hard on asking members to help us out which is better anyways! It's a good thing we dropped a lot of our investigators last week because now we have enough time to really work with those who will progress and find others who are actually ready to hear our message and act on it! Also, the Spanish Elders gave us two of their investigators this past week who they've been poaching with. They started teaching Carlos and Adriana in their area but they moved into our area like 3 months ago so they finally gave them up to us. I feel kind of bad for taking them though because after they get married this week they will be getting baptized shortly after! Pray for them will you? So exciting!! (:
My Spanish has felt like it took off this past week which has been super exciting! I still don't understand everything nor can I speak perfectly but I feel like I can actually speak Spanish and that I can really communicate with the Hispanic members! I feel like I can actually have a relationship with the Hispanic people without feeling like there is this constant language barrier that is making our conversation feel hazy and kind of fake because I really don't understand or remember anything because it's in Spanish. So I'm super excited that I feel like that barrier is practically gone!
Also, I've been reading a lot from Preach My Gospel in chapter 12 about baptism and it's getting me super pumped and more focused on the direction I need to be taking as a missionary in helping those in our area progress to baptism! I'm understanding a lot more about why we focus so much on baptism and numbers now- before my mission and in the past few months it's kind of frustrated me that we focus so much on these two things. However, the more I'm learning and understanding I'm realizing how important these two things are in helping those we teach actually ACCEPT and ACT to prepare to one day live with our Heavenly Father again. These things are important to the Lord because numbers show results from goals that help us in using His time effectively and baptism shows that His children are actually taking the necessary steps to live with Him again! How great is our work and I feel so blessed to be apart of it- this is the best calling I've ever had. Yet!
Christmas connections! A store where people who need
 things for Christmas can shop! We did this almost all day
 Friday! It was super fun! and I got to help a lady, Rosa,
 from Peru! Her Spanish was the easiest to understand
 that I've ever heard!
Also.... Elder Quinonez ended up staying!! So.... pretty much Elder Schwart's trainee didn't show up... Que oso... But we were super excited to have Elder Quinonez be staying with us! That happened Wednesday! So that was three days in a row with crazy happenings!
And for this week it's going to be a PAR-TAY here in OKC 6th Branch! We have our Mission Christmas conference ALL day Thursday, Friday night is our Branch Christmas party and Saturday bright and early (like we are leaving here at 5:45 am) we are going to the temple to support Hna. and Hno. Ramirez at their temple sealing!!! And their sealing fiesta that night! We are inviting SO many people to this branch parties and we have some pretty awesome investigators who will probably be going and building their relationships with the branch- it's fantastic!
I have had many of you all ask for people to pray for that we are working with so here are some of them- our investigators: Marcela and Gabriela, Carlos and Adriana, Erika and Julio, and Alfredo, and our recent converts- the Chavez family and Osuna family (especially their baby! He's be in and out of the hospital and currently is in there again! :( ). Thank you all so much for your prays and love! It has definitely helped me everyday! I love you all y feliz navidad! Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016