This is the life!‏ September 14, 2015

Mis amigos!
This past week was fantastic! We have two new investigators who are SOLID and so prepared! I am so excited to continue working with them with Sister Christensen!
Hermana Pine's last Sunday! EEK!
One is Alex, who I think I actually told you about last week, he's a 22 year old Guatemalan that we met while at dinner at a Hibatchi grill/buffet with some members, Sister Chasteen, and her grandbaby, Emily. He works at the grill and so when I went to have my food cooked, he asked me where I was from and so it was perfect to lead into what I was doing here in Oklahoma! I told him about what I was doing here and he knew I was learning Spanish and he began talking to me in Spanish... I had no idea what he was saying! But I knew he wanted to learn more and so I got him a card with our number on it and we contacted him the following Monday since that's his only day off. We reminded him of church on Saturday night and said that he would need to find a new job to be able to come to church and be baptized, but we will see him tonight and help him to continue taking the steps towards becoming closer unto our Savior and to be able to be baptized. We also asked him how his reading was going and he had began reading the Book of Mormon including the Testimony of Joseph Smith in the beginning and was asking questions!
Then this next investigator is Aaron, who is a senior at SWOSU that Hermana Pine and Hermana Belteton talked to at the organizational fair last Thursday during exchanges. We had texted him before and so he had our number but we hadn't talked to him since. We had a completely full schedule for Saturday and two members who were planning on coming out with us. All of these appointments except one dropped
Spanish group RS (well part of it!)
however. We then got a text from Aaron who said he wanted to meet with us and wanted to know if we had time! We did and were super excited to be able to meet with him and we already had a member who was coming with us, so it was perfect! The lesson with him was incredible! Sister Arnold- our member- gave some really great insights, bore her testimony at times, and invited to let him follow her to church Sunday (unfortunately he ended up not coming... but next week!). We taught him the Restoration along with the importance of coming to church and the sacrament. We asked him questions and his answers made it seem like he was already a long time member! He committed to being baptized and we will set a date with him Saturday when we can see him next! After he gave the prayer at the end of the lesson, he said "That was awesome!"! It was really the best lesson that I feel like I have been blessed to be a part of yet and I'm so excited to continue to see his progression these next weeks!
While Hermana Pine and my companionship began out quite rough this transfer, I have grown and learned so much from her! I regret that we didn't begin to have the great unity that I have seen these past two
This is Oklahoma! FLAT- this was a really green year though. (:
weeks until the end, but through this growth, I feel like I will be able to do better in my new companionship with Hermana Christensen! 
I'll be honest, most of my past emails have been copied from my letter to my mission president... but it's pretty much what I want to share with you all too! (: I do add my own thoughts at the end of beginning but I just thought I would tell you all that in case I throw in a random President or something in there.
I hope you all are doing amazing and I pray that your testimonies (no matter what your religion is) of our Savior, Jesus Christ, is being strengthen through my emails in some way. I know that Jesus Christ lives. Heavenly Father is literally the father of our spirits and he loves and cares for each of us individually (Look up Mark 5- HISTORYS OF THE ONE- he sent his son to not only die for us, but when Christ was here, he traveled far and wide at times to heal the one.). The Book of Mormon is the word of God. If you haven't read it or aren't currently reading it, will you read the Book of Mormon and share with me your thoughts and feelings about it? It is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ and it really clarifies and
Watonga is a tiny town and I guess it's a thing here in Oklahoma
to dye your grass.... It was a dye your grass day last Friday in
 Watonga. Hahahaha it cracks me up like an egg that people do this!
teaches the doctrine found in the Bible. We have a prophet on earth today, President Thomas S. Monson who reveals what God wants to teach us today. (I seriously can't wait for General Conference the first weekend of October!! It's like almost better than Christmas! Hopefully I can say that... haha). I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored through the Priesthood Authority (the permission to use the power of God) by Joseph Smith. I wouldn't sacrifice 18 months of my life if I didn't know it to be true. With that said, it isn't a sacrifice because the blessings and miracles that I have already seen are far more better and worth more than anything I could be doing at home at this point in my life. I love it here in Oklahoma serving the people in Weatherford and Watonga with Hermana Pine! God bless you all! Until next week- choa!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016