Has it really been 3 months ya??? Thursday, actually September 22, 2015
Mis amigos!
Our area feels like it picking up finally and it exciting because we are working with two investigators who are really solid and that we have baptismal dates for October 24th. Ryan Taylor and Alex (the Guatemalan who we unfortunately don't have his last name yet) but neither of them have come to church, yet. Alex works everyday except Mondays and has tried asking his boss to get work off to go to church but she won't let him. Ryan, on the other hand, slept through our member knocking on his door to give him a ride. We are going to be teaching them next about the importance of coming to church though, and we will see what they will do to change this.
The Relief Society President asked us this past week to come out with her and her counselors on splits every other Wednesday night to visit teach less active Sisters so that we can reactivate and strengthen the ward and visiting teaching program. This was such an exciting invite for her to extend to us because it shows that there are some members who understand the phase 3 part of missionary work that we are trying to help the ward transition to!
Yesterday during the Specialized Training Meeting that the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders put together for us was perfect! During this training, I realized that I am lacking in and not expressing the love and charity I have for those I am serving with, those we are teaching, and the members who live here! It was a sad realization to have after being here for 6 weeks! Nonetheless, that is what I will be working on in these upcoming weeks. I really do love most the people I work with, some just more than others and in different ways.
I, also, have begun to realize how inadequate I am to do the Lord's work. I need to be continually relying on the Lord and the Holy Ghost to guide me in what Hermana Christensen and I need to do because we cannot do it alone. With that said though, I understand that Satan will try and keep me discouraged with that fact and my only remedy will be to forget myself and get to work. This all I'm still figuring out. However, I've been warned that I will never feel like I've got things figured out which is kind of a bummer... Haha but it wouldn't be any fun if we weren't continually struggling and growing in one thing or another! Right? (:
I am so grateful to have had the chance to serve around Hermana Pine, she was really a wonderful missionary who I needed to know and learn from! I am very excited to serve with Hermana Christensen and learn from her too! It's going to be different but I know it will be what I need!
Our area feels like it picking up finally and it exciting because we are working with two investigators who are really solid and that we have baptismal dates for October 24th. Ryan Taylor and Alex (the Guatemalan who we unfortunately don't have his last name yet) but neither of them have come to church, yet. Alex works everyday except Mondays and has tried asking his boss to get work off to go to church but she won't let him. Ryan, on the other hand, slept through our member knocking on his door to give him a ride. We are going to be teaching them next about the importance of coming to church though, and we will see what they will do to change this.
The Relief Society President asked us this past week to come out with her and her counselors on splits every other Wednesday night to visit teach less active Sisters so that we can reactivate and strengthen the ward and visiting teaching program. This was such an exciting invite for her to extend to us because it shows that there are some members who understand the phase 3 part of missionary work that we are trying to help the ward transition to!
Yesterday during the Specialized Training Meeting that the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders put together for us was perfect! During this training, I realized that I am lacking in and not expressing the love and charity I have for those I am serving with, those we are teaching, and the members who live here! It was a sad realization to have after being here for 6 weeks! Nonetheless, that is what I will be working on in these upcoming weeks. I really do love most the people I work with, some just more than others and in different ways.
I, also, have begun to realize how inadequate I am to do the Lord's work. I need to be continually relying on the Lord and the Holy Ghost to guide me in what Hermana Christensen and I need to do because we cannot do it alone. With that said though, I understand that Satan will try and keep me discouraged with that fact and my only remedy will be to forget myself and get to work. This all I'm still figuring out. However, I've been warned that I will never feel like I've got things figured out which is kind of a bummer... Haha but it wouldn't be any fun if we weren't continually struggling and growing in one thing or another! Right? (:
I am so grateful to have had the chance to serve around Hermana Pine, she was really a wonderful missionary who I needed to know and learn from! I am very excited to serve with Hermana Christensen and learn from her too! It's going to be different but I know it will be what I need!
My invitation to you all today is to look up Jesus The Christ and read the note titled "Pleasure Versus Happiness" on page 247-248 because it's the best thing I've read besides the Book of Mormon this past week and it's a concept that is really confused throughout the world at this time. My favorite sentence from it though states that "[t]rue happiness is lived over and over again in memory, always with a renewal of the original good". Food for thought my friends. (: I love you all and wish you the best!
My mailing address for the next 6 weeks will continue to be
Hermana Hunt
1329 Meadow Ln Apt. #24
Weatherford, OK 73096 (:
Oop! I guess I forgot to tell you about my new companion! Sister Christensen is my new companion! She has been out for 9 months next week and is just super chill! Her Spanish is killer! Thank goodness since I'm like still not pro, todavia no (not yet- haha)! She is from the opposite side of the state from me clear in Logan, UT! Oh Raquel Anderson, she says she was friends with your sister Roxanne! Sister Christensen is 21 and was up at BYU-I before her mission and is really just great! I'm so excited to be able to work with her and learn from her. It's going to be much different that with Sister Pine since well, they have completely different personalities so that's going to be a little hard to adapt to, but all is well and it will be a growing and learning experience that is going to be wonderful! (: Oh, and she's been in Stillwater for her whole mission and so this is only her second area yet she's been out for 5 transfers... And taking over an area was super fun! I would love to do that again- it makes me feel capable of at least one thing! haha (:
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment