MIRACLES! (: September 8, 2015
Familia! HUH! (Like on Mulan where it goes in the song "to defeat the huns! HUH!")
This past week has been excellent! Being able to have exchanges with Sister Hamm has changed my outlook of my mission and those I serve around! She was able to give me some insight of her view of her mission and perhaps what others are thinking and it will help me to be more understanding of others perspectives for the future.
The Spirit taught me this last week the power in asking for miracles and the need to have faith in seeing them. When I was on exchanges with Sister Hamm, she taught me several fun tracting ideas such as "8:00 Miracle" (in every prayer that day we prayed to have a miracle at 8:00- it works if you have faith, and we did see a miracle), having a "power hour" with the members, "Obedience Walk" until 9pm (walk around until 9pm if you come in a few minutes early and talk to those who are out), and the fact that you don't have to knock on every door. Thursday for exchanges as well as Saturday with Hermana Pine, we had a power hour with two different member families. I don't know if Sister Hamm got this idea from you or other missionaries but I will quickly explain. We went to a members house randomly and shared a spiritual thought with them and then prayed before heading out. While we are gone for an hour though, we ask them to continue praying that we may find a miracle and then in an hour we come back and share a miracle or multiple miracles we saw. While finding a person on the street may have be just like any ordinary day, both power hours that we had it seemed like we ran into people who are genuinely interested and both times we were only able to run into the people we did because of their children. One daughter was running down the street and so the mom had to stop her and we were able to talk with her and the other mother was picking up her daughter from Grandpa's house but since her daughter kept playing and running around with Grandpa we were able to talk to her! Those could have been ordinary instances but I learned that because I was searching for a miracle, I had the faith to see when the miracle was given to me. This past week has been full of miracles and we have really seen this area grow so much! We right now have an investigator, Alex, who yesterday when we began teaching him and invited him to be baptized, he asked "When can I?"! Well... actually he asked "Cuando?!" but same thing. (: It's going to be a struggle to help him get to church since he works all day, everyday except Monday, but he is so willing and wanting to repent and feel the Spirit more in his life it is amazing! Honestly, I couldn't understand most of what he said (he speaks really fast Guatemalan Spanish) but I was able to gain a stronger testimony of the Spirit of discernment yesterday and how the Spirit is able to testify to us even when we don't understand exactly what he was saying. Hermana Pine did help me out by translating at times. Haha
Also, if any of you aren't having Family Home Evening already, please DO! It does NOT have to be anything big- just a short spiritual thought and prayer at least, but it is so needed in these times where Satan is really trying to attack the family. In 1 Nephi 15:24 we read about the darts of the adversary. What darts is Satan throwing at you individually? What darts is he throwing at you and your family? What stumbling blocks does he know will get you to not have Family Home Evening or to do good things over the best things in life? I promise that as you evaluate your life, you will see at least one area that you can improve in other than Family Home Evening if you are already having it. But I, also, promise you that as you as for the strength and the knowledge of how to overcome those stumbling blocks that the answers will be given to you as you pray in faith that you will receive answers and with the determination to act on whatever the answer you are given (it most likely won't be easy, but it will be worth it).This past week has been excellent! Being able to have exchanges with Sister Hamm has changed my outlook of my mission and those I serve around! She was able to give me some insight of her view of her mission and perhaps what others are thinking and it will help me to be more understanding of others perspectives for the future.
The Spirit taught me this last week the power in asking for miracles and the need to have faith in seeing them. When I was on exchanges with Sister Hamm, she taught me several fun tracting ideas such as "8:00 Miracle" (in every prayer that day we prayed to have a miracle at 8:00- it works if you have faith, and we did see a miracle), having a "power hour" with the members, "Obedience Walk" until 9pm (walk around until 9pm if you come in a few minutes early and talk to those who are out), and the fact that you don't have to knock on every door. Thursday for exchanges as well as Saturday with Hermana Pine, we had a power hour with two different member families. I don't know if Sister Hamm got this idea from you or other missionaries but I will quickly explain. We went to a members house randomly and shared a spiritual thought with them and then prayed before heading out. While we are gone for an hour though, we ask them to continue praying that we may find a miracle and then in an hour we come back and share a miracle or multiple miracles we saw. While finding a person on the street may have be just like any ordinary day, both power hours that we had it seemed like we ran into people who are genuinely interested and both times we were only able to run into the people we did because of their children. One daughter was running down the street and so the mom had to stop her and we were able to talk with her and the other mother was picking up her daughter from Grandpa's house but since her daughter kept playing and running around with Grandpa we were able to talk to her! Those could have been ordinary instances but I learned that because I was searching for a miracle, I had the faith to see when the miracle was given to me. This past week has been full of miracles and we have really seen this area grow so much! We right now have an investigator, Alex, who yesterday when we began teaching him and invited him to be baptized, he asked "When can I?"! Well... actually he asked "Cuando?!" but same thing. (: It's going to be a struggle to help him get to church since he works all day, everyday except Monday, but he is so willing and wanting to repent and feel the Spirit more in his life it is amazing! Honestly, I couldn't understand most of what he said (he speaks really fast Guatemalan Spanish) but I was able to gain a stronger testimony of the Spirit of discernment yesterday and how the Spirit is able to testify to us even when we don't understand exactly what he was saying. Hermana Pine did help me out by translating at times. Haha
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment