When Prayers Are Answered September 19, 2016

Hola la familia mia!
Mount Scott
So today I just want to share some amazing miracles with you all! To start with, Monday, since we had gone out to the Holy City for preparation day, we came back and had no time to wash our car or buy any food, so we decided we would quickly wash our car and then go visit the investigators we had for a back-up plan since our appointment cancelled. As we were driving to the car wash, we realized that it was already 5:00 and that we wouldn't really have time to wash our car, so we didn't. We went and visited one of our investigators who happened to be home, and had a really great lesson on the Book of Mormon with her and set a baptismal date with her! Then throughout the week, food happened to come by from zone conference and members and we had more than enough food in our fridge to last the entire week! We were SO blessed from obedience to the proselyting schedule!
Then on Saturday morning as I was praying to begin my Spanish studies, I prayed that I would be able to speak to someone in Spanish that day. I have maybe used my Spanish once or twice in this area, most Hispanics just don't live here. And... as we were doing Oklahoma Initiative (visiting all/unknown members), we knocked on a home that used to be a members and the man who answered the door clearly did not speak English very well. I asked him if he spoke another language to which he said he spoke Spanish! So I got to talk to him in Spanish!! He wasn't super interested, but God answered my prayer and gave me a chance to actually speak Spanish!
Another prayer that was answered this week was a dilemma that I've had for about six months now. It came in a very unexpected way, and the biblical story had actually come up three times before I studied it. We went to do a lightening visit (a quick 2-3 minute miracle that we share on the doorstep of members) with one of our members who was going to be feeding us the next day, and so we asked her before we left if there was a question or topic that she would like us to study to share with her at dinner the upcoming Saturday and she did! She asked "Why do they always put down Leah?". Random, I know. So Saturday I studied the scriptures concerning Leah in Genesis, and as I wrote my thoughts down afterwards I realized that I had got my answer! 
This is what I wrote "My thoughts on this history turns to my personal struggle that's been going on these past six months about where to go to college? My dream school is BYU- Provo. I've always dreamed of going to BYU and graduating as a BYU Cougar. Jacob met Rachel at the well and he feel head over heels for her. As a senior in high school, I applied for BYU, knew if I was accepted that BYU would feel like home and was accepted and went there. Well I went on a mission and God helped me to know through a serious of many spiritual events in the past six months that I need to switch to Utah State, even though MY dream is to go to BYU. Jacob's dream girl was Rachel. He worked for Laban for seven years and then he gave Jacob his first born, Leah. Jacob still has his eyes set on Rachel so he continues to work for Laban another seven years and he gets his dream girl. Maybe God will have me return back to my dream school of BYU, but either way I know that "[Gods] ways are higher than [my] ways, and [His] thoughts than [my] thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9). In order to have Jacob bare 12 sons- the tribes of Israel- he needed to marry not only Rachel and her handmaid, Bilhah, who finally gave Jacob four of his 12 sons after Leah and her handmaid gave him eight sons and a daughter. If God would have
allowed Jacob to do things his way, his potential would have been reduced 75%. As we turn over our will to allow God to magnify our lives and our works, he returns us tenfold the blessings so that our ultimate potential is able to be fulfilled. [Moses 1:39]- we wouldn't be able to become like Him without His hand shaping our lives." 
So I guess I got to be more patient and grateful for the blessings and experiences that I am having. Because really, truly, I am SO blessed. I have just begun to see all of the many blessings and answers that come from prayers and faith personally. God really does love us and He watches over us each and every day! He knows us personally and His will will bring us greater joy and blessings than ours ever could. I love my Savior, even Jesus Christ! I love the simplicity of His gospel! And I know that He is the way, the truth and the light. I know that through Christ we are capable of changing and progressing. And that this work truly is the Lord's work and it is progressing rapidly! I love you all and I'm grateful for each of your examples! Keep on keepin' on and be joyful in it! (: Until next week, chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

  1. lotto999 Lucky number!! What is the difference between the two?

    หวยออนไลน์ It is a website that is open for betting on the lottery through the Internet. With all the number necklaces, the number of computer networks to use not less than 2500 per day account name. We have the technology to provide services that are high tech. Diversity and experience have been in operation for over 7 years, and are well known among Internet risk gamers throughout South East Asia.
    And today, the reporter's number is cool, let's tell us. Meet with all the team as ever. With the numbers from all over the place, we have chosen to be a good team for our team. And about the period of January 16, 61, we have a number from the number! Lady Butterfly Court Do not wait too long to see it together better than any number. 717 357 157 About the lottery you want to. We have a chance to win with us. The rich have been lottery every time.
    However, because of the team that needs to read the numbers from other agencies to increase the potential to read more. หวยเด็ด

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016