A Week of Growth September 12, 2016

Pics from the Holy City outside of Lawton, OK
Well, this week has been a struggle more than some other weeks with being trunky, irritable with everyone and their dog, and struggling to focus. But I got up this morning, deep cleaned the kitchen, had a wonderful study for zone conference tomorrow and then went on a spontaneous adventure with the Elders and a brother from the ward to the Holy City outside of Lawton even though I didn't really want to, and I'm feeling great! I'm pumped for Zone Conference and for the all Spanish district meeting on Friday (President Mansell is sending all of the Spanish missionaries that aren't in the city to Stillwater, OK for an all day Spanish District Meeting Friday!), and I'm actually motivated and have the desire to do missionary work again!
So yesterday after a long day of church before lunch, Sister Dopp suggested we go visit a member we're working with who went to the hospital that morning. We went in and they weren't there anymore, so I was thinking "Check! We can go home and eat and I can actually get a language study in today" and then Sister Dopp started talking to a lady for a moment. We then continued walking and Sister Dopp suggested "Let's go sing to that lady and her husband!" in my mind I was like "Are you kidding me..." I was pretty irritated because I knew it was a good thing to do and I was just being super selfish so I said "Fine". Well, we went and talked to this family for a moment and they had the attitude of "sing your song and leave", but she noticed our Book of Mormon so Sister Dopp shared a scripture and then we sang a song that she taught me on exchanges last transfer, and had a prayer with them. But after the song we sang (we were on point with our singing, if I do say so myself), the Spirit was there and they really opened up. We were able to get their contact information, they asked for a Book of Mormon, and we will be passing on the referral to the missionaries out in Altus! Although the whole time I was being kind of a bump on the log, I was so grateful afterwards for Sister Dopp- like usual. She is such a good example to me of talking with everyone!
I went on exchanges with Sister Unga this weekend too and wow! she is a fantastic missionary! I absolutely LOVE her! Being companions with greenies is my favorite! They have so much fire and desire to share the gospel! It really brightened my week to be able to learn from Sister Unga! 
We are continuing to teach a lot of wonderful and prepared people! The Boyles are still progressing and are SO stoked for their baptism on the 24th (now) of September! Their normal everyday conversations with us are like Preach My Gospel testimonial worthy! This week we went to have dinner with them on Friday and Sister Boyle had a question for us. She knew that there were a few certain do's and dont's of the Word of Wisdom, "What are the things that we aren't supposed to have in the Word of Wisdom?" she asked "I want to make sure that we stop having anything that we aren't supposed to have if we are still! Like coffee wasn't that hard to give up, but just in case there is anything else, I want to know." They are always testifying to us of the blessings they are seeing in their lives of living the gospel and it's incredible to hear! Brother Boyle told us Friday night too that "I was starting to have some doubts, but [Sister Boyle] helped me to push them out". Then Brother Boyle was talking to Elder Palmer at dinner and he was telling him how excited he was to hopefully one day serve a couples mission with Sister Boyle! Man, they are wonderful! Have I mentioned how much I love the Boyle family??
Something that I am working on is having more meaningful prayers. One of the things that I realized helped me get over my negativity for a certain missionary, was that I prayed for him and the missionary work he's doing each day for a week. By doing this and praying out loud and for specific people we are teaching has really come to help me have better prayers! I also received a piece of counsel this week to ponder before, during and after praying. As I have done this, I feel way more refreshed from my prayers and connected with Christ and Heavenly Father. Praying has always been a struggle and an area where I'm lacking in, so it has been really exciting to see my testimony of prayer increase!
The church is Christ's church- He's at the head of it! The Book of Mormon changes lives- it's truly changed mine! Christ lives! Repentance is the way to true happiness! I love you all and I pray that you see many miracles that are happening each day! Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

  1. หวยออนไลน์ Ways Lottery Online

    หวยออนไลน์ The underground lottery through the computer network. And the purpose of the gambler. Must at the site Of us Because we are most of the lottery machine network. With expertise and expertise in the service for over 8 years to the notoriety in the Internet lotteries. Throughout Southeast Asia.
    Everybody will get in touch with new knowledge in lottery lottery system, computer network, whether it is lottery lottery lottery Laos. Vietnam Lottery Lottery Malaysia Lottery Lottery Japan Lottery We have a lot of money in the lottery, no limit on the amount of money to bet! About the new registered team Extra Money 20% Rebate of Coupon, Excluding Discounts and Other Exciting Dividends. Waiting for everyone to come into contact with the expertise of this novelty with your own.
    Do not wait, this great channel is not very often. We have a very good quality workforce with experience and expertise to provide 24/7 no-stop service at the website. หวยเด็ด

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016