Peoples in Oklahoma are seriously the nicest peoples - August 17, 2015
This week has gone well, Hna. Pine and I have been trying to find more people to teach and have had a little success. We are continuing to teach Lois, a recent convert, and Karen, her daughter and a less active. We had a wonderful lesson last week with them and Karen expressed her desire to obtain a temple recommend. She's on the right track to begin working for a temple recommend and Lois is a very strong woman in her faith in Jesus Christ and is a good example to her.
A little about Karen- she is amazing! During this last week, she mentioned that she had flat out quit drinking tea! She said she replaced it with Kool-Aid and we were so excited for her! She is also reading For the Strength of Youth on her phone (which I have no idea where she got the idea to read it- inspiration I would assume) and was like "you mean I have to wear sleeves? Are you kidding me? I don't have anything with sleeves!" Although she was a bit irritated, before going out to a lesson with us, she went and changed her dress into something more modest. She is seriously so prepared and I love Karen and Lois so much! They really are incredible!
We found a new investigator, Shawna, who seems to have a lot of potential and very prepared; however, she does live with her boyfriend who has a little boy, Ethan- 11, who is a very contentious child and likes to try and bible bash with us. Fortunately, Shawna helps us out and asks him to quit it. But seriously, he is one smart cookie with the Bible (like he tried to start an argument about the Ark of the Covenant.... like I'm not even familiar with exactly how that was used..), but fortunately Shawna doesn't put up with his contentious spirit. Haha he's a funny kid, really. He makes things interesting.
I've been studying during personal studies random topics each day. There are questions that come to mind at random times, and so I will write them down and study them. Yesterday during the sacrament I wondered why it's necessary to have both the bread and the water and what the differences are in the sacramental prayers. So that is what I studied this morning and I thought it was kind of interesting what I learned. The bread I kind of see it as a preparatory prayer and an outward commitment. It represents the body of Christ and we witness that we are WILLING- I feel like it's symbolic of Christ's actions and his works, while it is also a preparation for taking of the water when we commit to DO. We DO witness that we will commit to always remembering Christ so that we may have the Spirit to be with us always. I feel like the water is more symbolic of Christ's character and the atonement since it is used in remembrance of the blood of Jesus Christ. As I was studying today, while it may not have been super pertinent that I know this now- I felt such a great sense of being spiritually rejuvenated and just felt great because I had learned something cool and I believe I will take the sacrament with more understanding and appreciation.
I am now a firm believer in starting studies with questions- it's fantastic! So I hope you all are doing wonderful and I invite you all to think of a friend or a acquaintance who needs a message of Jesus Christ and when you think of them, don't hesitate to share their name with the missionaries or share your testimony or a scripture or even an uplifting quote from LDS.org with them. Everyone could use more strength in their lives that only comes through the atonement of Jesus Christ. (:
With that said, I would love to share 1 Nephi 11:31-33 with you all. Christ gave us the ultimate sacrifice so that all can live again. We live in such an entitled generation, but if the gift that was freely given to us required the ultimate sacrifice, why and how can we expect to be so entitled? Food for thought.
I know that our Savior lives and that because he died for us that we, as we come unto Christ by through faith, repentance, baptism (by one who holds the priesthood that was restored through Joseph Smith), receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, we can return and live in the presence of our Heavenly Father once again. Heavenly Father wants this for each of his children, us!, and yet he loves us so much to give us the opportunity to choose this path for ourselves. It's a beautiful plan- don't forget what you've been freely given. I love you all and pray that you have the faith and action to continue coming closer unto Jesus Christ.
Con Amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt
A little about Karen- she is amazing! During this last week, she mentioned that she had flat out quit drinking tea! She said she replaced it with Kool-Aid and we were so excited for her! She is also reading For the Strength of Youth on her phone (which I have no idea where she got the idea to read it- inspiration I would assume) and was like "you mean I have to wear sleeves? Are you kidding me? I don't have anything with sleeves!" Although she was a bit irritated, before going out to a lesson with us, she went and changed her dress into something more modest. She is seriously so prepared and I love Karen and Lois so much! They really are incredible!
We found a new investigator, Shawna, who seems to have a lot of potential and very prepared; however, she does live with her boyfriend who has a little boy, Ethan- 11, who is a very contentious child and likes to try and bible bash with us. Fortunately, Shawna helps us out and asks him to quit it. But seriously, he is one smart cookie with the Bible (like he tried to start an argument about the Ark of the Covenant.... like I'm not even familiar with exactly how that was used..), but fortunately Shawna doesn't put up with his contentious spirit. Haha he's a funny kid, really. He makes things interesting.
I've been studying during personal studies random topics each day. There are questions that come to mind at random times, and so I will write them down and study them. Yesterday during the sacrament I wondered why it's necessary to have both the bread and the water and what the differences are in the sacramental prayers. So that is what I studied this morning and I thought it was kind of interesting what I learned. The bread I kind of see it as a preparatory prayer and an outward commitment. It represents the body of Christ and we witness that we are WILLING- I feel like it's symbolic of Christ's actions and his works, while it is also a preparation for taking of the water when we commit to DO. We DO witness that we will commit to always remembering Christ so that we may have the Spirit to be with us always. I feel like the water is more symbolic of Christ's character and the atonement since it is used in remembrance of the blood of Jesus Christ. As I was studying today, while it may not have been super pertinent that I know this now- I felt such a great sense of being spiritually rejuvenated and just felt great because I had learned something cool and I believe I will take the sacrament with more understanding and appreciation.
I am now a firm believer in starting studies with questions- it's fantastic! So I hope you all are doing wonderful and I invite you all to think of a friend or a acquaintance who needs a message of Jesus Christ and when you think of them, don't hesitate to share their name with the missionaries or share your testimony or a scripture or even an uplifting quote from LDS.org with them. Everyone could use more strength in their lives that only comes through the atonement of Jesus Christ. (:
With that said, I would love to share 1 Nephi 11:31-33 with you all. Christ gave us the ultimate sacrifice so that all can live again. We live in such an entitled generation, but if the gift that was freely given to us required the ultimate sacrifice, why and how can we expect to be so entitled? Food for thought.
I know that our Savior lives and that because he died for us that we, as we come unto Christ by through faith, repentance, baptism (by one who holds the priesthood that was restored through Joseph Smith), receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, we can return and live in the presence of our Heavenly Father once again. Heavenly Father wants this for each of his children, us!, and yet he loves us so much to give us the opportunity to choose this path for ourselves. It's a beautiful plan- don't forget what you've been freely given. I love you all and pray that you have the faith and action to continue coming closer unto Jesus Christ.
Con Amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt
Comments
Post a Comment