2 months??? What??? - August 24, 2015
| The other sisters who came in with me in front of the mission home. 6 out of 30 missionaries were sisters and only 2 of us 6 were hermanas. |
Hola Amigos! Que pasa?
Wow! I feel like each week is getting better and better! But this past week was the best so far! Exchanges with Hermana Beltetone were so fantastic- learning from her teaching style was very helpful and being able to talk with her and see yet another missionaries perspective was so incredibly helpful!
A big part of why I think this past week was so great was I've finally figured out why I'm really on a mission. Well, at least my goal for my mission. I wrote down a quote from my one of my Missionary Training Center teachers that says "Missionary work is for anyone but you.". I've been thinking about this quote a lot as well as the scripture that's found in Matthew, I believe, that says something along the lines of "whoever shall looseth himself for my sake shall find, but whoever keepeth himself to find shall loose." I can't remember the actual reference unfortunately, but I'm sure you all know what scripture I'm talking about. I have finally realized that I need to just focus on the missionary work and forget about myself and my worries (while still taking care that I don't over stress myself and burnout) because that's where I'm going to find the most success and joy while on my mission. There are nights that I just don't really want to go and tract or leave my apartment, but I tell myself that it's going to be a wonderful time out there and I prove myself right
Wow! I feel like each week is getting better and better! But this past week was the best so far! Exchanges with Hermana Beltetone were so fantastic- learning from her teaching style was very helpful and being able to talk with her and see yet another missionaries perspective was so incredibly helpful!
A big part of why I think this past week was so great was I've finally figured out why I'm really on a mission. Well, at least my goal for my mission. I wrote down a quote from my one of my Missionary Training Center teachers that says "Missionary work is for anyone but you.". I've been thinking about this quote a lot as well as the scripture that's found in Matthew, I believe, that says something along the lines of "whoever shall looseth himself for my sake shall find, but whoever keepeth himself to find shall loose." I can't remember the actual reference unfortunately, but I'm sure you all know what scripture I'm talking about. I have finally realized that I need to just focus on the missionary work and forget about myself and my worries (while still taking care that I don't over stress myself and burnout) because that's where I'm going to find the most success and joy while on my mission. There are nights that I just don't really want to go and tract or leave my apartment, but I tell myself that it's going to be a wonderful time out there and I prove myself right
| Hermana Pine my trainer |
every time. It's crazy how that happens, no? I forget about how lazy I felt in the apartment or how much I didn't want to go out, and I feel so incredibly happy being able to serve God's children and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them and invite them to learn more! I know it's not ever going to be easy, but it will continue to be easier and I rely more fully on Christ and the atonement to overcome my natural man and weaknesses.
Hermana Pine and I as a companionship are working together so much better now! While we still have our disagreements and we are far from the perfect companionship, I am seeing better that I definitely needed her as my first trainer. I know God knows best, and I will try and realize that a little sooner the next time I am really struggling.
Our area picked up a lot last week. We have a new pool of investigators and potentials from since I got here and we will really be focusing on getting members out to help us as well as finding more service opportunities and getting to know and use the members in our work. Our district is in charge of the Clinton Ward's fifth Sunday 3rd hour meeting and so we are going to try and help our ward transfer from a borderline 1-2 phase missionary work to at least a borderline 2-3 missionary working ward. Phase 1 ward- missionaries are doing the work; phase 2 ward- the members are helping the missionaries out; phase 3 ward- the members are doing the missionary work and the missionaries are there to help.
Our area picked up a lot last week. We have a new pool of investigators and potentials from since I got here and we will really be focusing on getting members out to help us as well as finding more service opportunities and getting to know and use the members in our work. Our district is in charge of the Clinton Ward's fifth Sunday 3rd hour meeting and so we are going to try and help our ward transfer from a borderline 1-2 phase missionary work to at least a borderline 2-3 missionary working ward. Phase 1 ward- missionaries are doing the work; phase 2 ward- the members are helping the missionaries out; phase 3 ward- the members are doing the missionary work and the missionaries are there to help.
| The sunsets here are amazing! BUT it's SO FLAT!!! |
Sorry for the practically copy and paste from mi carta a el presidente de mision pero no tengo mucho tiempo! My Spanish is kind of a joke still.. so don't judge (: Oh so cool deal- since the Spanish group (a group is smaller than a branch..) doesn't have anyone that can play the piano, I HAVE to go to the Spanish sacrament each week. I'm not sad about that at all! Actually I think it is a blessing! Because if I didn't know how to play the piano, I would be going to the Spanish group one week and then the English ward the next and just switcheroo like that every week! Thank you Mommy for making me play the piano for so many years! (:
| My apartment |
leave the gift of the atonement unopened or unused. Because there is happiness and joy ahead. You each have made it through 100% of your past challenges; today and forever is no different. BUT make it easier on yourself and take the offer that Jesus has extended to us all in Matthew 11:28-30. I love you all and I'm so grateful for each of you and the beautiful spirit that you have! You each have changed my life for the better and I thank you so much for that! Make this week a little bit easier and better, and use the gift that Christ already has sacrificed for you. (: Until next week, choa!
| My apartment |
Comments
Post a Comment