Passed Hump Day Squared


Week 3 - July 16, 2015
Yesterday was Wednesday which you all know is hump day, AND it was my three week mark here at the lovely MTC, which was the hump of my MTC experience! Holla! Hardest day of my life. Okay... not really, but yesterday was a struggle. My companionship gained a new sister, who is fantastic but that meant her companion left, for now. One of our sisters has been sick and let's just say she had to be sent up to SLC for further work. She was severely anemic and so she needs some blood transfusions, I hope we get her back, but I'm doubting she will come back because of the whole situation. It's really unfortunate! I loved this sister so much! She is incredible and such an inspiration!
Experience time! Wow! I'm learning so much! Okay, so Sunday we were in District meeting and I had made a comment on the power of obedience and the blessings it brings. Well about ten minutes later I realized how uncomfortable I was in the skirt I was wearing. It went to my knees and was modest, but not mission modest. It had a sheer fabric that went to the bottom of my knees when sitting, but that's technically not mission modest. When I bought this skirt I thought it was okay, it's reversible so it sometimes is a little shorter/longer, but in that moment that I realized it was uncomfortable I decided I needed to go change after the meeting before sacrament. And so I did. I went and changed into something that was much more appropriate, put that skirt in my pile of "send homes" and the thought came to me that that little experience was so cool! I really had NO desire to wear that skirt even though I love it (one of my favorites) and it's pre/post mission modest. I really desired to just follow God's will and to not change the skirt wasn't even a temptation! I promise that following God's will for you helps you desire to continue doing what is right even when it seems really little or insignificant. But if you don't follow the little commandments/little things, what makes you think that following the "harder or bigger" commandments is going to be just as easy?
I don't have a ton of time, but I want to say the book Jesus the Christ is SO SO SO amazing! I'm trying to finish it before I leave the MTC (that may or may not happen...) but it's like the best thing since ice cream. And ice cream is like my favorite thing.... Haha seriously though. But as I have been reading in it, there are so many insights about the times of the New Testament, Jesus's life, and doctrine that I hadn't noticed before! It's a long book, but even if it's only a chapter a day- I highly recommend it!
Also, when I have talked about investigators, they usually are my teachers or TRC (teaching research center) investigators. The teachers are obviously members, but the TRC investigators are actually paid investigators. Haha most of them are members but about 40% really aren't. However, we take each "investigator" as the real deal. Our teachers take people that they taught or know and give us their background and role play as those investigators/people they know. So, hopefully that clarifies questions about investigators.
Oh! Funny moment of the week! We have a teacher, Hmo. Sin Agua... Draut, who is super energetic and theatrical. During our lessons on Monday, he decided we would play "Hermana Madre, may I" It's like the pool game "Mr. Shark, what time is it?" while we were practicing our commands in Spanish (it's just a grammar rule in Spanish). It turned into a game of hide and seek though. Well Hma. Oliver and I went down to the 1st floor of our building and hid in this little teaching room with the lights off and the door open just a crack. The Elders were trying to find the Hermanas while practicing command form. Anyways, we hid behind the door, and Elder Price opened the door slowly and when he peeked behind the door, Hma. Oliver jumped and said "Boo!". Elder Price about died. It was the funniest thing like ever! And then we went to our floor, the 3rd floor and hid in the custodial closet (Hma. Oliver and I), and did the same thing to Hmo. Draut who also about died especially since he had checked there already. It was like the greatest thing ever!
I'm so excited to have heard from so many of you! I will have to write you a personal letter, but the Provo temple is FINALLY open today, so I have even less time, but nonetheless I will get to you all! (:
Con Amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016