Everything is Awesome! But that doesn't mean it's easy. Week 2 July 9, 2015
| One of my first bio summaries from July 7th in all of my broken Spanish. |
| Claro el azul camina es lo mejor |
| Made me happy (: |
Everything is Awesome! But that doesn't mean it's easy.
Week 2 - July 9, 2015
Hey you all!
Wow, has it already been
a week? I swear last Thursday was an eternity ago! Haha seriously, time is
really weird here. The days can be super fast and then the weeks eternity but
then you look back and are like ...What??? Haha it's great though!
This week was a bit
harder than last but there was wonderful things everyday that makes everything
worth it! I feel like my Spanish just is NOT coming, but then I remember how I
couldn't understand almost anything with our native Spanish speaking
investigator, Victor, just last week and now I understand almost everything he
says (well.... at least the gist of it), and I can respond pretty well which
is. INCREDIBLE! Wow! Only 2 weeks and I can teach a lesson in Spanish. It's not
my absolute favorite because I feel like I can't say what I want to say, and
let the words fall out, honestly. (Anyone? Know that song?) Haha but really,
it's actually a blessing I learned this week though. If I could say everything
that I wanted to in English, it would be WAY to complicated for one who is new
to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Speaking Spanish makes me speak simply and
follow the Spirit more in what I need to say. Also, Spanish is so poetic! I
absolutely LOVE the Spanish language- it just frustrates me. I swear I can't
speak English or Spanish some days though.. haha it bien though..
#elLuchaEsReal (#thestruggleisreal) #cadaDia,todoDia (#allday,erryday)
This last week I had an
incredible experience though, I was talking at dinner with the Hermana's in my
district (actually in my zone as well- all four hermana's in our zone are in my
district as well... We have like 25 Elders in our zone with us). Anyways, we
were talking about how it really frustrates us that we were born to a
generation of entitled people. It's not entirely our generations fault (it's
their parents and society and everyone else that they associate with too), BUT
we give up. We can't push through hard times way too often. It's honestly
really sad. Obviously, it's not everyone in our generation, but we see it way too
often (I can act entitled at times too, I'm not saying that I'm not one of
those people). Later in personal study I was reading in Jesus the Christ. In
one of the first chapter's notes it says this "Sacrifice... [t]he idea of
sacrifice is prominent throughout the scriptures, and one of the most ancient
and widely recognized in the rites of religion throughout the world". I
know this doesn't connect really well, but this was my thought. If there is so
much sacrifice done and made in the scriptures (the major and most important
one being Jesus Christ's suffering and offering himself so that the atonement
is possible for ALL of humankind) how can we expect to not have to sacrifice
also?
This went along in my
thoughts because those who feel entitled aren't thinking of others and
sacrificing for others, it's all about them. If God sacrificed His Son for us,
how is it okay that we are so entitled to not need to sacrifice for others. Get
out of your own world and sacrifice your time, energy, desires, etc. and serve
someone. That's all. You will feel so much more joy and love in your life! I
wish everyone could understand this- that's it.
Thank you all so much for
your continued support and prayers for the missionaries, even if you are only
reading my emails! (: I wish you all the best this fine Thursday morning! Hasta
luego, mis amigos!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon
Hunt
PS- I'm really SO sorry
for not responding to personal emails yet! If you send me your address, I have
more time to write, but I will respond! I read all of them but I just don't
have enough time to email!
Comments
Post a Comment