I'm Like a Missionary... This is SO cool!‏

Me and My companera!

I'm Like a Missionary... This is SO cool!‏

Hey Family and Friends!

My p-day is today and I'm so grateful it is finally here!!! Wow, I was like running out of clothes. Anyways, this past week was eternally long yet it was the fastest week of my life. The MTC really does something weird to your view of time, and it's not something you can really explain or understand unless you have experienced it... so I highly suggest trying the mission thing out if you haven't already. (:

So my companion is Hermana Oliver from far far away on Sandy, UT plains and is going far far away to Twin Falls, ID plains, Spanish speaking... haha crazy-zay! Anyways, she is wonderful! It's crazy how many things we do in sync. Like we are both indecisive, we both shower for the same amount of time, we have the same routine in the mornings, and seriously I just absolutely LOVE her!!! She is the best companion for me that I could have in the MTC! And we both want to go running or work-out in the mornings! Also, I have found that "I'm in love with the ro-oh, ro-oh" row machines to work-out on! They are seriously thee coolest things ever! "Where have you been? All my li-ee-ife?" Please appreciate my random song lyric interruptions/other movie/video/vine line interruptions. (;

Haha! I love love love the MTC! Not to say that it isn't hard- no it's not the hardest thing that I have ever done- nothing will beat the awfulness of HS Junior year. BUT, it is hard. I have tons of ups and downs (not super down, downs) but mostly "everything is awesome! When your part of a team.." We are on God's team here, and he will bless us so much as we lively EXACTLY obedient to His will. Life is so much better and blessed when we do as He has commanded us. We have our agency and can live as we would like, however, if we use our agency for bad, it will control us and our agency will be lost due to consequences.

Okay... so the first day here, we unpacked everything and then the next evening we had a call for an all sisters meeting where we were told that there was a bat spotting in one of our buildings which so happened to be my building! I was on floor 3, which didn't have bats, but we still had to move! Okay, so from what I've heard from one of my branch presidency members wives is that one of the sisters who spotted a bat, actually woke up with the bat on her face! EEK! Oh my goodness. I would be muerto si que happened to me. :O Needless to say, those in the apartment all had to get rabies vaccinations which I have heard are a fortune and are pretty crappy, right, Rachel dearest??

So we have packed and moved buildings and live with the same Hermanas that we lived with in the other building. I felt bad for them. They had been here for 4 weeks and had to move 3 times.  First for bed bugs, second because they were closing a building for renovations or something, and then just again for the bats! Their names are Hermanas Richards (Las Vegas, NV), Beaumont (from somewhere in Canada- Happy Canada day yesterday!), Mecham (SLC valley) and Saluone (UT- She's samoan though so that's cool)! I don't remember where they are going because they aren't even in our Zone, or branch.

In our district we have my companion and I and Hermana Andrus (N. Cali) and Hermana Wynne (NJ) who are both going to Minneapolis, MN. Sorry not sorry for my spelling if it's wrong. Then we have Elders Porter (Gilbert, AZ), Jeffery (Richfield, UT), Price- district leader (AZ somewhere going to El Salvador), Smart (Dallas, TX going to Ogden, UT), Yugawa (HI going to Fort Collins, Colorado), and Smith #3 (Minnesota going to FL). We have as of yesterday 3 districts that make up our zone and our zone leaders are Elder Smith #1 and Elder Johnson. The rest of our district are only Elders and Elder Taylor Monnett from St. George, UT is one of them!! CRAZY! He's a cool kid and I'm so excited to see him here and even been in the zone with him!

Speaking of tons of people I have seen! We had a #provoysa124 ward reunion last week with Elder Jacob Shaner, Sister Madison Gordon, Sister (KT!) Kasen and I. There is also Elder Adam Norris and Elder Derek Barlett that I have run into! Also, my first nickname from Hermana Oliver was Miss Popular because I have run into SO many people that I know! I have seen like tons of people from my classes at BYU here as well as Elder Tyson Child from HS Swim and Sister Ali Johanson, Elder Tommy Cox, Sister Mia Hart and Elder Parker Leavitt from HS. Also, I ran into a Sister from my first year of EFY (Sister Elizabeth Baker!) and a Sister Allredge who I knew from Volleyball and my mom worked with her mom at Sunrise Ridge Intermediate!

So 3rd day here! and we were already teaching is Spanish- our investigator Antonio. He's awesome. My Spanish could be worse. BUT. God is real. The gift of tongues is SO real! and I love love love love love being here. We also, have an investigator who is a native spanish speaker named Victor. and lessons are SO hard. Hermana Oliver took three years of... FRENCH. No help. Hahaha but she is learning Spanish SO quickly and has the Spirit with her SO strongly. She is humble and a great inspiration to me!
We have 2, kind of 3 teachers. Hermano Draught y Hermana Tuft who I absolutely LOVE! They are super fantastically wonderful! I really love all of the people that I am able to meet and associate with here! They are truly wonderful! I know without a doubt that the mission age was changed through inspiration. I was honestly a little worried about being annoyed with the young elders, but they really are prepared and ready to learn. Um... we are all definitely immature at times and have our moments of stupidity but... we are learning. I think that's why our first few talks mentioned not being dumb, just don't do stupid things. Haha

I would like to share a simple experience that I've had now that I have introduced you into my mission life- sorry, I probably won't make my emails this long ever again. Hermana Oliver and I really wanted to go to this sisters only workout class in the morning from 6am to 6:30am which is a big sacrifice of sleep. So I prayed the night before for Heavenly Father to please bless me with the energy and alertness that I hadn't had that day (I fell asleep while reading during my personal study that day which is kind of funny because Hermana Oliver thought I was just really spiritual and praying for like 10 minutes!) but I prayed for the strength and energy the following day and I seriously had like so much energy (I had like 3 or 4 what I call "happy highs" where I was just super hyper and bouncing off of walls literally!... okay, just figuratively- that would be crazy if I was actually bouncing off of walls... like come on... let's be real folks. ;) Haha but the point is, that God will bless you with the necessities in life if they are the righteous desires of your heart and you pray in faith believing God will bless you!

Also, Alma 13:28. It's a beautiful verse that I was able to find this past week through a miracle. Literally, miracle do still happen today! Once you start praying to see them and then writing them down, God will bless you to be able to find many miracles in your everyday life!

Con Amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt

PS- If you email me, please include your address because I don't have a ton of time for emails but I will write you back but I need your address to send you a letter, if I don't have time to email you back! But please continue to write me! I love seeing all of your email and letters and I can print them out and respond as soon as I can! (:

​Thank you so much Sis. Olsen for my first package! It made me super happy! (: 
​Thanks for my second package padres! (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016