Leaving Zion... And Going to Far West!‏ February 29, 2016

Hey you allllll!
My mission family! The De Leon's!
So.... I'm very grateful that Hermana Hilton is going to be training (so that I could have a week to prepare to leave this branch- I love these people SO much!), and also because her trainee is going to have the best trainer! I feel like I have just finished a huge step in training and that I'm ready to move on to try and implement everything Hermana Hilton taught me with weekly planning, being better on time, finding joy in the work, and how to make asking for referrals a lifestyle and not a nice thought here and there.
I'm being transferred! From Zion to another area that is in the "far west" of my Zion area! To be honest, I cried (a lot) when I heard I was going to Mustang in an English ward because I don't want to forget the Spanish that I've learned here and because I don't know how to teach in English (I don't really know how to teach in Spanish either, but I feel more comfortable in Spanish- probably because if I stop talking I can blame it on not knowing Spanish... haha) and I just love the Hispanic people here so much! But during my studies this morning, I was reading in Our
The Gonzales family! They fed us Saturday and we had
 an incredible lunch of pancakes, fresh fruits, bacon,
 and mini sausage patties with a bun! Ah! I love them!
Search For Happiness (pg. 77) again and the statement by Elder Ballard hit me to the core. "[L]ike any benevolent Father, He wants the best for His children. He wants [me] to be happy. He wants [me] to succeed. And so He wants [me] to be like Him" and so he sent me to Mustang 1 East area with Sister Nelson. I know without a doubt that President Walkenhorst has been called by God and that through the Priesthood keys that he holds, God has called me to Mustang 1 East to serve with Sister Nelson. It's going to be where I am going to learn what God wants me to learn and he has prepared people there that I am needed to serve. I will keep up on my Spanish while there- but the important thing is that Sister Nelson and I are going to serve together to teach repentance and baptize converts! I am super excited to serve and work to try and be a blessing not a burden to the leaders there! I'm so grateful that President Walkenhorst is worthy to be inspired to do God's work! 
My mission Grandma- Hna. Quiroz! I love her so
 much! We have Language studies with her
 every Tuesday morning and dinner with
 her every Friday (which turns out to be
 another language study... haha)! She is the best!
So Mustang in actually part of my area now and we have a less-active family out there actually (she and her family actually came to church yesterday to say good-bye to me!), but we just don't have the miles to get out there or the time since we are in a car-share area. So when we stopped by the mission office this morning, I asked President Walkenhorst if I could do a language study with them like once a week and he said I could once or twice a week! So I'm pretty stoked about that! (For the record- from looking on a map of my new area, I actually won't even be in Mustang. I'm not really sure, but I don't think I will.) Mustang 1st ward is just barely West of the City and I will actually be in the zone next to our Midwest City Zone (the zone I'm in now) with half of the people I know really well still and I will still have the same Sister Training Leaders! Sister Nelson's trainer came out with me and then her last companion was Hermana Christensen's companion after me- so it will be fun! And that means I'm probably senior companion- which doesn't really matter except that I get to drive. Oh, and I'm in a car-share area again... That will be fun! haha it's a good thing I love biking! (:
We have seen many miracles this past week and are finding new people to teach here in the South and finding more members who are willing to come out with us and WANTING to come out with us! We have several families/members who are preparing to enter the temple, Alan, Idalgo and Antonio who are pretty solid investigators, and we are seeing less-active members who have open hearts to hearing God's word at this time! 

Antonio. He is incredible! He was raised Pentecostal in the Dominican Republic, his mom was baptized there 3 months ago and she referred him to us, and has moved to the states to work. He came with our Ward Mission Leader and his wife to sacrament yesterday and Hermana Hilton said that he had read Alma 9 randomly and all the the Restoration pamphlet! Antonio also asked us to assign a reading specifically for him (we were rebuked for not thinking of one for him before and know what we should work on..) and is progressing quite well! We have talked about baptism but have not set a date. We will repent and commit him to a date in our next lesson though! The field is so white and ready to harvest here in the south and I'm excited for Hermana Hilton's trainee to start her mission here in Zion!
Also, I'm super pumped to start using the Hallelujah Easter initiative! It's going to be so great! I don't know if the video is out yet, but if it is, I highly suggest that you all watch it! (: 
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016