Happy Pi Day! March 14, 2016
Hola, hola!
| Biking on our birthday. |
We have been working through our ward roster to visit every member in our area and then at the beginning of exchanges on Friday we received a media referral from a recent convert in Oregon! Sister Nelson and Sister Jensen had set up an appointment for Saturday but it fell through because she had to take her daughter to the hospital. So we tried Elain again on Sunday evening, taught the Restoration and set a baptismal date for April 9th! She kept telling us HOW excited she is to develop a relationship with Christ, read the Book of Mormon, and learn more about the gospel of Christ. Her twin sister was the recent convert and had been telling Elain all about the church and it has really pumped her up to learn! When we had dropped by Saturday, we had given her grandson a Restoration pamphlet and she had already read it by Sunday and said that her day had gone so well because she had read it! We're excited to keep working with her and begin teaching her family there too!
That experience really has helped both Sister Nelson and I have more excitement and motivation for missionary work here in Mustang. Our area really has quite a bit of potential and while part of the ward isn't very missionary minded right now, I think that the Hallelujah initiative will help pick their desires to share the gospel more. We also met with the Bishop last Monday and he has a very nice vision for this ward and is open for ideas to help to pick up the phase three missionary efforts in the ward.
| We're both 20 today!!! |
We had exchanges on Friday/Saturday and I got to go back to the city!!! Holla Holla! I actually have the same Sister Training Leaders here in Mustang as I did in the Spanish branch, so exchanges were super awesome and probably the highlight of my transfer so far! We saw SO many miracles and found so many wonderful referrals for some of the other missionaries! Then Saturday morning we got to go play sports for exercise and I got to see my Spanish crew again! and they brought me a box of presents! Haha I had left quite a few things in my study desk at transfers and they wrapped them up with a few bags of chocolate and it was like the best thing ever! Honestly, I was just happy to play some volleyball and see the Spanish missionaries again and talk to people in Spanish and have them understand me and be able to speak back to me!
Also, thank you for all of the birthday wishes! Since it was Sister Nelson's 20th birthday yesterday too and my birthday was made like 3 weeks ago with Rosa and Miguel's tres leches and volleyball/exchanges on Friday/Saturday, I told Sister Nelson that she couldn't tell anyone it was my birthday and they just celebrated for her (: We actually had a member make a cake for dessert after dinner last night and she hadn't even known it was Sister Nelson's birthday (or mine- she still doesn't know... haha) and so we had cake and we sang to Sister Nelson! (: But setting that baptismal date with Elain and seeing her excitement to learn was the best thing ever!
I love this opportunity to be serving on a mission- it's going WAY too fast though and I'm pretty sure I'm still a newbie at this mission thing! It's amazing how much we can change through the gospel of Christ and find new life and joy through the atonement! After going on exchanges in another English area, I have been able to find more love for the ward I am in now (I really loved the other English area and I finally realized what a stubborn, uncharitable Spanish missionary I was being). I think I kind of was in a culture shock going from Spanishland to Englishland- I'm not quite over it but I'm at least getting more used to it. But we have so much potential here in Mustang and I know we are going to keep seeing many miracles here! Also, check out the new Easter video! #Hallelujah and please share it with someone, on social media or both with your testimony!! It really can bring light and hope to someone who needs it! (:
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment