Spanish Branch! (: November 2, 2015
Mis amigos!
Wow, can I just say that the gift of tongues is so real! Somehow, someway, I am super confident in my Spanish and there are several times that I catch myself speakin' a some Spanish and not evening taking much thought for it! Like, God is there and he is a helpin' me! Oh! Also, I just finished reading 1 Nephi out loud in Spanish yesterday!! So exciting! (:
As for my new companion, Hermana Gubler is her name! And her energy and excitement at times just wears me out. But it's all good. She's from Orem, Utah and this is her 2nd to last transfer in the mission and our Spanish is almost about the same. She has served for a total of 2-4 transfers in Spanish! So it's great! Haha like I said, the gift of tongues is real. (:
So... I get to play piano for sacrament also! No one plays and then Elder Schwartz (the new district leader) and I came in and we both play! (Well... I actually haven't heard him play but he's not very confident in his playing skills either). Oh and we have a real live piano in our apartment too! So thank you so very much, Mommy, for sending me my Jon Schmidt hymns arrangements because they are a much needed stress reliever during lunch and dinners when we are home. (also, if you ever see the song, Gethsemane, its' sheet music lying around, I wouldn't mind learning that- I'm pretty positive it's one of those songs done by the church for the children like Holding Hands Around the World). But I absolutely love the Spanish branch and being able to serve a mission. I feel so blessed to be on this journey of a lifetime (even if it's all uphill to reach the summit of Mount Everest). Haha but I have found a couple of scriptures that have been so helpful in the process- John 14:27, Alma 13:28, 1 Nephi 20:10 (I feel like that- I'm in a furnace of refinement right now- haha) and 2 Nephi 27:21-23. My favorite line from verse 21 is the last one. Somehow, someway and for our learning and growth, God uses us to do His work yet he could do it himself. Yet, he chooses us- the weak and simple- to help Him. Wow, I just see that as so merciful and loving. I hope I explain myself well. God is so good my friends! Fasting brings miracles. God helps us many times through the means of others and miracles happen! God has a plan for us. Christ understands our weaknesses, pains and everything perfectly and my ponderize scripture from last week was one of my favorite scriptures Alma 26:12- "In his strength I CAN do all things" (emphasis added) (: That's all for now! I love you all! Chao! (Sorry this wasn't a very coherent email- many random thoughts!)
Oh and I'm in the hood! like I've been told places not to go from strangers on the streets like 3 or 4 times now. And yet, I wasn't feeling scared before they said that... haha I am in Oklahoma City and our area covers the West part of the city (from Western Ave. over)
Con amor,
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment