I Just LOVE Spanishland!! November 16, 2015
Friends and Family!
Wow! I just really love the Hispanic people! I cannot even explain how much I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them!!! Haha seriously though. They are amazing! Wow, they are just amazing. I went on exchanges last Friday and I had to go to Englishland. It was alright. Haha seriously though. I was missing not being able to understand everything and be around my hispanic people. Haha I'm not joking though.
We had an amazing completely GOLDEN referral yesterday that we visited. Ray and Jessica. And I'm almost unwillingly giving them up to the English Elders but only because one of them speaks Spanish. Ray is Native American (Lacota Siox too!! Bethany!) and Jessica is Mexican, but they both speak English (more or less) and so they would be attending the English ward. Anyways, while talking to them they just spilled on us how much they want more unity and direction in their lives and family and how they want the gospel to do that for them. Oh! so funny background story of how they were referred to us. The Edmond English Elders met Ray on the street and Ray had said that Hermanas were already meeting with his wife in Spanish but he wanted to learn too. So they called us up gave us the information and we went over there to meet with them. Well it was probably 20 minutes in to talking with them that we figured out that the "Hermanas" who were meeting with his wife were actually some sisters from another church. Hahaha... um. awkward. (: And so we were like, hey, we can help you understand why there are so many different churches now! And then taught how the Church of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith (wow... I'm like misspelling English words like crazy. Like my brain did NOT want to type Joseph... Jose Smith.) um. okay. Anyways.. And how Christ established his church using the power and authority of God (Priesthood power) and how it was taken from the earth since the people were wicked and killed those who had the Priesthood power (Jesus and the apostles). But it's been restored! Through Joseph Smith who was given the priesthood power through the apostles who came to him as angels! It was amazing! And then we told them that we don't want them to just believe us but to pray and learn for themselves! Ray said at the end that he feels like he has been prepared to hear this message. and Hermana Gubler and I were like thinking "uh.. yeah, you were!" And they accepted the invitation to be baptized when they know that this message was true for themselves. Ray also mentioned several times, and Jessica did too, how this is something they want to learn more about and have for their family. And also how they felt really good and like this is the path they need to take! It doesn't get more golden and prepared to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ than that! So, almost unwillingly we are introducing the English Elders to them this next week. But they will be in God's hands still and will still find the truth- we just don't get to see the miraculous changes that will be able to happen in their lives through accepting and living more fully the gospel of Jesus Christ. But we do have Marcela and Gabriela (sisters who live together with all of their families since none of them have husbands anymore) that we are privileged to be able to work with! They are super prepared too and this past week when we were talking with Gabriel about attending church and she said she has to work but without us even saying anything she said she wanted to ask her boss for work off to be able to attend! And then she said not this week, but next (so like this Sunday now). Miracles are happening! The Lord's work is continuing! And I'm just an imperfect servant trying to do God's perfect work. But I feel like the most blessed person to have this opportunity! (:
So, our area has 7 investigators with baptismal dates right now- but none of them are solid... YET! We have 2 other investigators, Marcela and Gabriela, who seem super solid, we just have to have to get in their house while they are actually home and not working at one of their jobs! The work is continuing though! So... one thing about hispanics is that they are ALWAYS coming up with excuses and not keeping commitments. But I still love them. Which has lead me to learn that I'm super not patient and super prideful. Haha like why can't these people just test out some faith in Jesus Christ and see their lives improve and become so much more happier than ever before?! It's kind of kills me corazon pequeno (little heart). I don't know why that has become one of my favorite random phrases that I have begun to use but it's true!
| Exhanges! I went with Sister Boulter (the one with curly hair on the left) while Hermana Gubler and Hermana Johnson stayed in Spanishland. |
I love you all and I'm so grateful for your support and prayers! Have a blessed week, my friends! Chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
Comments
Post a Comment