Saturday Marks 4 Months!‏ October 19, 2015

Friends!
We had a Specialized Training Meeting out in the city last p-day which was fantastic! Wow! Our leaders are amazing! We had an incredible meeting on Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. During the meeting we focused on the General Conference training from last April General Conference and Doctrine and Covenants 59 and there was a thought that really struck me and I thought I would share it. We think of the Sabbath as a day to rest from our labors. And that is exactly it! But I thought of those Bishops, Stake Presidents, General Authorities, Auxiliary Presidencies and wonder how are they getting any rest from their labors when Sunday is probably one of their busiest days! The key word is the Sabbath day is a day to rest from OUR labors. God has many labors that we are required to do on the Sabbath. But when we do keep the Sabbath day holy, God is going to bless us with so much, including the strength we need to do all that is required from us outside of His labors. Serving a mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's a process; it's a continual refiners fire; it's the biggest spiritual growth spurt that I ever have experienced. But I love it- I look back on the trials, the hard days, the times where I just want to give up and I feel blessed that I had been given them (I am even more grateful that I'm through with them haha). The moments that I remember most are the good moments though, and I have been writing all of the memorable moments down lately and it makes me SO happy! During my personal studies today I found the 4 keys to success and happiness- some kind of overlap but nonetheless they work. (: 1) Keep God's commandments (Mosiah 2:41) 2) Have faith and repent (Mosiah 4:3) 3) Member Missionary work- share the gospel! (Alma 29:9) and 4) Have God's love always in your heart (4 Nephi 1:15). I know that as we strive to apply these principles, our lives are going to be fulfilling and we will find peace and joy in our lives! My invitation to you all is to think of one way you can apply even just one of these principles more in your life. I will be working on writing down what makes me happy now because I have a weakness of telling myself "after this or after that, I'll be happy" and it's one of the biggest traps that Satan gets me at many times. This past week it even got me, and it hasn't been fun trying to get out of that mess, but through my studies this morning and some ideas that have come to mind and words advice that my fellow missionaries have given me I have seen this fault and have committed myself to do better! (: I don't think I've said this enough, but I love the missionaries that I get to serve around! I'm so blessed to have had the companions that I have had and especially for Hermana Christensen now!
We were at a members home, the Rogers family,
and they had a cute beagle, Annie, who
looks really similar to Pepper! So I had
to take a picture with the cutie! (:
 They have helped me to grow so much! I just feel so lucky to be here in Oklahoma with the amazing and wonderfully, kind people here! Being on a mission is one of the biggest blessings of my life! For those who are going on missions, never doubt that you are needed or think that you really weren't supposed to serve- but it's going to be hard, just don't give up and humble yourself to continually rely on the Lord. Until next week, chao!
Con amor,
Hermana Nachelle Sharon Hunt (:
PS- In this past month, I have finally figured out how to roll my R's!! Like this is a big deal for me! (: While I'm not speaking Spanish very much since most of my area actually is English, my Spanish is improving slowly but nonetheless surely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016