Week of Miracles! May 30, 2016
So my goal for a new transfer is to begin with companionship unity. You would think that I would have figured this out sooner since I've had a new companion each transfer besides one. I keep thinking back to the one transfer that I really just got off on the right foot, with Hermana Hilton, and I've been pondering on what made that transfer so great. Besides the fact that Hermana Hilton is just really easy to get along with,
she was always asking what I thought and what were my ideas and then would go with them. She would say things like "oh, yes! That's a great idea" or "Let's do it!" and it made me feel like I was valued and appreciated. I am prideful and sometimes don't think my companions ideas are great (#sadtruth), but that is my goal- to change my thinking and ability to ask for my companion's counsel and then be excited to try it out! I'm stoked for this new transfer and to be able to train, but I know it's going to be hard at times, and so I'm pondering for ways to stay optimistic and positive even when I'm not feeling the best or things aren't going the best. The thing that has come to mind several times now is being grateful no matter where I'm at- I'm going to make some goals to help myself do that more!
| Sister Linton- She's an amazing member that we've been working with! I absolutely LOVE her! |
As for our area, with a new branch president being called this upcoming Sunday and 5 or so families moving this week, there are going to be a lot of changes. The investigators and less-active members keep coming to start working with, so we are becoming busier and busier! This branch has a ton of potential though!
This past week we have seen miracle after miracle it's been a good week to leave after!
So for the miracles.... We set another baptismal date! This time it was with Savonne! I think I have told you all about her already, but just in case I haven't.... We were out trying to find some members and asking some of their neighbors if they knew them and no one didn't but we found an awesome potential family- Charity and Eddie. Well, on the way back to our car, a lady calls out to us, "Are you all the new girls?" "Uh.... sure!" Haha we talked to her for a bit and she tells us her name is Savonne. We had been going through our formers records a few days earlier and recognized that she had a teaching record. So sisters about a year ago had worked with her and she had recognized us by our skirts and name tags. We set up a return
appointment and shared the Restoration when we came back. It didn't go super well, but it was alright. She was headed up to Wisconsin for a family member's funeral and said she would get back to us when she got home.Well... she didn't. Fast forward 2 or so weeks to last Monday night, we were going to visit Charity and Eddie (who we hadn't been able to really contact again but thought they might still have potential), but as we were headed for their apartment, Savonne was walking to her car, just like when we had met her. However, this time we called out to her. "Savonne! How are you!?" As we began talking, she ranted about how awful of a job certain people had done for her uncle's funeral. We listened to her for about 20 or so minutes get these frustrations off her chest. When she was done, we began sharing a short 2-3 minute lesson on the Plan of Salvation and left her with the pamphlet and a prayer after setting up a time to come back on Friday. We talked a little about how we kept coming at just the right time, and how it was no coincident, but that God knew she needed us at this time. Well, we went back Friday and had a little bit better lesson with her about the Plan of Salvation and committed her to a baptismal date of July 18th (we realized later that that's a Monday, but it's okay.... haha we have time to change that), and she accepted! Her dad is a preacher, but she came to ALL three hours of church Sunday WITH her 6 year old (who LOVED primary) and her 6 month old! The Lord's work is hastening!
| Those are tornado clouds! Haha not really, but it was beautiful! |
I just want to keep sharing all the miracles we have seen this week, but I don't have enough time! However, I do want to say, that when things get rough, they always will eventually go up and the miracles will be poured out! Like Elder Uchtdorf talked about, don't put your umbrella up and block the blessing that the Lord wants to pour out upon us! God is good!
So Hermana Brown is getting transferred to Moore 2nd which is in the best district ever! There in the city with the Spanish South Hermanas and will have so much fun! I, on the other hand, am staying here in Anadarko South (Elgin) and will be training a new hermana in this English branch and we are going to have SO much fun! I don't find out who my trainee is until Wednesday morning at transfers when they call both of us up! I'm super stoked! Also, Hermana Hilton is training again too which is super fun! Hasta luego! Chao!
Comments
Post a Comment