We're Going to Tulsa!!‏




My new companion! Hermana Hilton! I love her!!
So.... Our mission is going to Tulsa to have a short 2 hour meeting with the Tulsa (not Tulsa, Arkansas something or other) mission and one of the twelve apostles on the 20th of this month! And we are SO excited! This was a big surprise but so cool! I'll definitely let you all know more about it after it happens!
Then this week, Hermana Hilton and I biked a little more than 35 miles (14 on Tuesday and 21.15 on Saturday) and I've been struggling this past week with stress, so it was the perfect thing for me Saturday! And our zone is doing a Biggest Loser challenge this transfer to really just help us eat better as missionaries and actually have effective exercising going on in the mornings and it's definitely a needed personal improvement to help me with my stress so that's fun! Eating healthy and taking care of our body definitely is way to help manage our stress and I have been pretty bad since coming to the South Spanish Branch at eating healthy, so I definitely consider it a worthy transfer goal!
Carlos, Adriana, and Adrianita. Baptism Day.
Also, this week I have been studying a lot on prayer because it's one of those things that I really could work on and it's what I want to work on for another one of my transfer goals (to have more meaningful prayers and to understand my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ better). I have never studied about prayer before and it really is an incredible gift that God has given us. It's an automatic two-way communication with the One who knows everything and is one of the mediums through which He blesses us and others!! I was reading in the Bible dictionary about prayer and it mentioned that there are so many blessings that God wants to give us others and all we have to do is exercise our faith and ask for them for ourselves and others! I feel like my prayers have been improving a lot! It's crazy how studying the doctrine of things improves behavior more quickly than the study of behavior improves behavior. There are so many things that I'm learning on my mission and I wonder how in the world I was even called on a mission without knowing this or that.
And as for our area, we have so many wonderful people to work with! They are real people though and have real problems! I have no idea to help them! This past week in weekly planning though, it was the first time that weekly planning actually seemed like we were planning through inspiration. The thoughts and goals for many of these people that Hermana Hilton and I had were so in sync that there is no doubt that there is unity in our companionship and we had much help from God. Hermana Hilton is the best weekly/daily planner I have ever had the privilege of learning from! Again, I feel like her trainee! I'm pretty sure though that I'm only just now ready and willing to learn all of these things that my other companions
Temple trip. My district.
were trying to teach me about planning but I was too stubborn to listen! haha but back to our area, we are seeing the fire continue to burn for missionary work in our branch and the desire to grow to become a ward one day and it's amazing! We have stopped counting some members as less-actives at church (because they are active), members are asking to come out with us (a few of them), a Relief Society sister passed around a dinner calendar for feeding the missionaries for February and it came back completely filled!, and they are coming up to us with their friends names as referrals! These big baby steps are huge miracles and I am so grateful to be working with all of these members! I really have so much love for them! I just pray and hope and wish that I can help them as best as I can through the Lord's help, and work to be more moldable in God's hands to do so.
The Atonement of Christ is real. Through His strength and understanding we can conquer anything that we ask for His help in. We were able to go to the temple this past week for our zone temple trip for the transfer (can you believe it's already been 6 months since my first mission temple trip? eek!) and we had a
We were biking and I had to take a photo! By the way,
 it was like 70+ degrees on Saturday with a cool breeze.
It was the perfect day to go biking 21.15 miles! (:
It felt like summer! and it's supposed to snow maybe
 tomorrow. I'm slightly salty about that.
But no worries, I'll use the salt to clear the ice.
zone temple devotional before hand about the Restoration and the Atonement. The Plan of Salvation and the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, have so many parallels and similarities. I learned so much about those this past week. Only God, who is all knowing, could have made everything so perfect and work is such harmony. There is some Mormon messages that we have on a Flashdrive and listen to them often that even if you have seen, I highly recommend watching them again- Hope of God's Light, Earthy Father, Heavenly Father, and Good Things to Come. (: I love you all! Have a blessed week my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Society at its Finest

A Blessed Week! Novermber 29, 2016

Bringing in December with Christmas Miracles! December 6, 2016